• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WandaVision - SPOILERS

Zod

The first two episodes are fun and a completely different twist on things. And there is a lot going on under the surface. Easter eggs abound. It's a clever concept and if you're a fan of Marvel and the Marvel Universe of the movies, there's a lot to talk about and speculate on.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

The first two episodes are fun and a completely different twist on things. And there is a lot going on under the surface. Easter eggs abound. It's a clever concept and if you're a fan of Marvel and the Marvel Universe of the movies, there's a lot to talk about and speculate on.

I loved it. I'm going to have to read into the easter eggs.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I'd have said more, but really not wanting to give any spoilers.

I marked the topic as spoilers so feel free to say anything, 

As far as I can tell, someone is trying to get Wanda to conjur her babies so they can use them. So many mentions of children and now she is preggo. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Zod said:

I marked the topic as spoilers so feel free to say anything, 

As far as I can tell, someone is trying to get Wanda to conjur her babies so they can use them. So many mentions of children and now she is preggo. 

There's also S.W.O.R.D. showing up in places. S.W.O.R.D. is the outward facing version of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Strucker watch with the Hydra symbol on it (and Baron Strucker from the comics was a big part of Hydra and AIM).

The beekeeper coming out of the sewer is a reference to the emergence of A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics) that was a Hydra-like group that was seeking the Cosmic Cube throughout the 1970s. Their headgear looked a lot like beekeeper helmets and screens...

In many scenes the Vision still has his Infinity Gem ... the Mind Stone meaning it may have been replaced post Infinity War time loop and this may all be in his head. He and Wanda may well be stuck in a time-free loop within the stone.

Alternately, and this is my take: After Vision was killed in the Inifinty War, his consciousness (the old Jarvis) went right back into Cyberspace where he had hid from Ultron back before they both got bodies. The Wanda seen in the show is actually his very detailed impression of her and he is keeping it alive while trying to build some sort of life construct for the two of them (since she was taken out in the Snap), but it is all in his head. He is using old TV shows (The Dick van Dyke Show and Bewitched so far) as an analog to build their life on and preserve who they are. If he can hold on long enough to get the Mind Stone again, he can bring the two back to life with at least some sort of shared time between them.

As a further complication, I believe Arnim Zola (remember him as the Nazi scientist that worked for Red Skull and then got computerized in the Captain America movies), might be hiding out in the same part of Cyberspace and is the reason behind the commercials from Stark Industries (the toaster) and Strucker watches coming through.

Or at least that's my take.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

There's also S.W.O.R.D. showing up in places. S.W.O.R.D. is the outward facing version of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Strucker watch with the Hydra symbol on it (and Baron Strucker from the comics was a big part of Hydra and AIM).

The beekeeper coming out of the sewer is a reference to the emergence of A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics) that was a Hydra-like group that was seeking the Cosmic Cube throughout the 1970s. Their headgear looked a lot like beekeeper helmets and screens...

In many scenes the Vision still has his Infinity Gem ... the Mind Stone meaning it may have been replaced post Infinity War time loop and this may all be in his head. He and Wanda may well be stuck in a time-free loop within the stone.

Alternately, and this is my take: After Vision was killed in the Inifinty War, his consciousness (the old Jarvis) went right back into Cyberspace where he had hid from Ultron back before they both got bodies. The Wanda seen in the show is actually his very detailed impression of her and he is keeping it alive while trying to build some sort of life construct for the two of them (since she was taken out in the Snap), but it is all in his head. He is using old TV shows (The Dick van Dyke Show and Bewitched so far) as an analog to build their life on and preserve who they are. If he can hold on long enough to get the Mind Stone again, he can bring the two back to life with at least some sort of shared time between them.

As a further complication, I believe Arnim Zola (remember him as the Nazi scientist that worked for Red Skull and then got computerized in the Captain America movies), might be hiding out in the same part of Cyberspace and is the reason behind the commercials from Stark Industries (the toaster) and Strucker watches coming through.

Or at least that's my take.

That, sir, is a lot to digest. 

Can't wait for the next episode. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Zod said:

That, sir, is a lot to digest. 

Can't wait for the next episode. 

It is! Hopefully it's going to wind out into something cool and not just a "It was just a dream" kind of stories.

Or worse, do a JJ Abram's Lost wind out where the incredibly intricate plot has no real conclusion because it was just built to be nothing but complication after complication to keep people guessing.