• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to this analytics chart, these are the top drafting teams of the last 10 years

blueandblackattack

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The answer to his question was Scott Fitterer and Adam Peters.

incidentally, another person who shares that agent is Joe Brady. which I always thought played a big part in the open secret of him getting the OC gig while they were still preparing for the National Title Game at LSU last year. while we're on the subject of open rumours.

3 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

That's true, so the ranking for the last 5 years is relative enough, so Peter's acumen would be 18th best if he takes the credit as well as the lumps.

Went back and looked at their titles in the Final Four thread...

The guy with the most consistently high responsibility over the past 10 years is Fitterer, then probably Ossenfort. Poles has been in the same scouting departments for the entire time but his responsibilities have been expanded.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

They may not "take credit" for future personnel moves, but they can certainly be blamed for horrific contracts that cash-strap the franchise for years, especially when it's regarding bad players. That's why the smart owner recognizes that coaches/execs need a period of transition---a putting of their work within context---when setting expectations and evaluating the new guy that they hired.

You mean like leaving a team 14 million dollars over the salary cap?

Couldn't possibly recover from a situation like that, right?

1 minute ago, vorbis said:

incidentally, another person who shares that agent is Joe Brady. which I always thought played a big part in the open secret of him getting the OC gig while they were still preparing for the National Title Game at LSU last year. while we're on the subject of open rumours.

Yeah, word was that helped him get his foot in the door for the job here.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You mean like leaving a team 14 million dollars over the salary cap?

Couldn't possibly recover from a situation like that, right?

That was really a collaborative effort! Some things are understandable, but some things are inexcusable!

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The good thing is, in a few years we won't be able to blame Hurney or Gettleman anymore for the future (lack of a) product on the field! And, I dare say that we will have back-to-back winning seasons.

**Fingers crossed**

The guy who was fired last year will bear no responsibility for the final roster next season, and the guy who was fired four years ago sure as hell won't either.

Once you have full control, it's your roster.

(granted, who actually has full control is an ongoing topic of discussion)

33 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

We're losing partially because Gettleman left the cupped so bare. He always preached about drafting for the future not the present, and now we live in his shitty future.

If Gettlemen left the cupboard bare, then Marty left him with overstock. The reason we fired Marty, besides trading away future 1st rounders for a 3rd rate qb and pass "rusher", was because he was out of control with the huge contracts he was handing out, then would restructure and push the numbers to next year when he had to do it again, and left us in cap hell. Gettleman came in and trimmed the fat, got us under the cap and actually signed reliable backups.

Bottom line is neither did an amazing job, they each had their strengths, but I'd take cap space over cap hell.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Went back and looked at their titles in the Final Four thread...

The guy with the most consistently high responsibility over the past 10 years is Fitterer, then probably Ossenfort. Poles has been in the same scouting departments for the entire time but his responsibilities have been expanded.

That's a good point as well. I could crunch the numbers for the individual years and break it down for each candidate when they were in executive positions....... but by the time I'm done we'll have a new GM already and won't matter anymore lol

Archived