• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even Texans players are telling Deshaun Watson to get the hell out of Houston

Zod

27 minutes ago, Zod said:

Even Texans players are telling Deshaun Watson to get the hell out of Houston according to this article...

It really does look like Deshaun Watson's quarterbacking services are up for bidding. 

Also, it is pretty great the Panthers played a part in this turmoil. 

If nothing else, this has been a pretty entertaining bit of offseason drama in Houston 

I get the feeling Houston will be a new dumpster fire franchise for the foreseeable future. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Someone should apologize to Watt for all those elite wasted years he had in Houston. He was Aaron Donald before Aaron Donald, he was just doing it on a bad to mediocre team.

Watt is just one of those dudes that is too loyal to do this kind of thing. Probably to his detriment. He might have gone down as one of the all time greatest players but I feel like his public perception has been hindered by playing for that franchise. 

Miami and Jax are the ones with the capital.... if Jax wasn't in the same division. So that disqualifies them. 

It ain't happening here. New confident  front office people aren't going to throw their selections and young talent away when they are rebuilding.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is Watt a free agent? I've forgotten.

I know I've seen more than one person speculate that the Texans could lose both their biggest stars in one offseason.

Glad I'm not a Texans fan.

The Texans are neck and neck with the Jets to take the crown for being the next Cleveland Browns as the presumed NFL bottom feeder.

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Miami and Jax are the ones with the capital.... if Jax wasn't in the same division. So that disqualifies them. 

It ain't happening here. New confident  front office people aren't going to throw their selections and young talent away when they are rebuilding.

I kind of feel this way too. There are teams that are an elite QB away from being a monster and we just aren't that team yet, no matter what our former GM thought.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The Texans are neck and neck with the Jets to take the crown for being the next Cleveland Browns as the presumed NFL bottom feeder.

They need to hope Caserio is a genius.

For his part, right now he might be going, "What the hell was I thinking?"

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Dolphins have a natural connection between head coach Brian Flores and Texans GM Nick Caserio from their days with the Patriots. Plus they can offer a young quarterback.

If Watson does manage to force a trade, that'd be a very plausible destination.

Nope he’s going to the NFC if he’s traded

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Watt is just one of those dudes that is too loyal to do this kind of thing. Probably to his detriment. He might have gone down as one of the all time greatest players but I feel like his public perception has been hindered by playing for that franchise. 

Hasn't his wife moved to Chicago?

If he's a FA I wouldn't be surprised if he followed suit. 

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

Nope he’s going to the NFC if he’s traded

That's definitely the biggest knock on the Dolphins' chances but I don't completely eliminate them due to the draft capital they're holding. I don't think the Texans would take a substantially weaker offer than what the Dolphins would offer just to keep him out of the AFC. At least I wouldn't. Now I do think that Jags being in the same division virtually eliminates them barring an offer that would absolutely cripple their franchise.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have no idea. I don't really follow most player's personal lives so that would be the first time I am hearing about it.

I don't either, it just came across my Twitter feed.

And I'm right, she now plays for the Chicago Red Stars (is that a thing?!). Used to play for the Houston Dash (who?!).

Just now, OldhamA said:

I don't either, it just came across my Twitter feed.

And I'm right, she now plays for the Chicago Red Stars (is that a thing?!). Used to play for the Houston Dash (who?!).

Almost none of those words I understand. I think you are feeding birds and watching XFL reruns. I am not sure.

Archived