• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panther S Deon Grant on Jake: He's the "biggest disappointment" in the NFL

Sam Mills Fan

Sporting News came out with their midseason awards today and Jake came in second on the list for biggest disappointment of the season behind TO. But here's the quote by former Panthers safety Deon Grant on Jake: "You've got Steve (Smith), still got Muhsin (Muhammad), still got the two monsters in the backfield. So I'd have to say Jake (Delhomme)."

If you want to know how awful Jake Delhomme is, you need look no further than those that have played with or coached him. Brentson Buckner constantly blasts Jake on his show on WFNZ. Keyshawn constantly makes fun of him on ESPN. Mike Ditka, who coached him in New Orleans, has made fun of how bad he is on ESPN too. And now another former teammate gave an on-the-record quote like that to Sporting News.

If Grant would have played half the game Jake did in the SB we would have a SB ring.

He should shut the frak up. Everyone knows Jake sucks this year and struggled last year. Doesn't mean he has always sucked. Look at his stats 03-07

Sporting News came out with their midseason awards today and Jake came in second on the list for biggest disappointment of the season behind TO. But here's the quote by former Panthers safety Deon Grant on Jake: "You've got Steve (Smith), still got Muhsin (Muhammad), still got the two monsters in the backfield. So I'd have to say Jake (Delhomme)."

If you want to know how awful Jake Delhomme is, you need look no further than those that have played with or coached him. Brentson Buckner constantly blasts Jake on his show on WFNZ. Keyshawn constantly makes fun of him on ESPN. Mike Ditka, who coached him in New Orleans, has made fun of how bad he is on ESPN too. And now another former teammate gave an on-the-record quote like that to Sporting News.

Deon Grant- one of our biggest busts.

Brentson Buckner- funny but not very knowledgeable and not a great player.

Keyshawn Johnson- So amazing he was replaced by Dwayne Jarrett and after we sent him packing couldn't find a job.

Mike Ditka- franchised New Orleans future to get Ricky Williams. A great judge of talent there.

It doesn't take a rocket science to figure Jake has been a big disappointment to everyone including himself. But I would hardly tout these guys as great judges of talent.

We all know Delhomme sucks this year...

But am I the only one who have the feeling that we, as Panthers fans, are the only one who are allowed to bash him? More than once have I defended Jake to other teams fans though I agree with them...

Enen though Jake is losing games for us he is stil higher in the foodchain than everyother people outside the Panthers.

So fug Buckner, Grant and Ditka.

I wont attack the messenger on this one. I will say he's dead on, and although no media type will say it, so is the Panthers organization. Im just waiting for the day that they realize it. When management finally falls out of love with losing.

The Panthers have been very, very successful for an expansion team. Look at all the expansion teams that came before them and after them....

Cleveland

Houston

Tampa Bay

Seattle

Atlanta

New Orleans

Minnesota

Of that group...one Super Bowl title, seven appearances (four by Minnesota)

Minnesota, Atlanta and New Orleans have been around since the late 60s.

TB and Seattle came along in 76.

Cleve and Houston were added this decade.

The Panthers have been very, very successful for an expansion team. Look at all the expansion teams that came before them and after them....

Cleveland

Houston

Tampa Bay

Seattle

Atlanta

New Orleans

Minnesota

Of that group...one Super Bowl title, seven appearances (four by Minnesota)

Minnesota, Atlanta and New Orleans have been around since the late 60s.

TB and Seattle came along in 76.

Cleve and Houston were added this decade.

You forgot Baltimore whos won a Super Bowl and has a winning record as a franchise. J-Ville also has a winning record as a franchise. We dont. And never will under the current ownership group unless they drastically change their philosophy. Most of those teams you listed, although expansions dont see themselves as such anymore. I feel we should be the same way. 15 years is long enough to figure it out and start competing year in and year out to be 1 of the best football teams, not just the best expansion.

Archived