• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule turning heads at the senior bowl...

Cooby

50 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jones is playing the game obviously. 

Although it would alleviate matters immensely if Rhule (and the staff) deem jones as a competent NFL starter and we can trade back for him if Lance isnt there.  Reading the tea leaves from this week it seems there may be mutual interest  

Yeah, that is where I am.  Maybe he is plan C, and we will learn a lot over the next 6-8 weeks,

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

Dude clearly has never played any real sports and has no idea what football is. Just trying not to get hurt before the draft? WTF did they accept the invitation? Beyond awful article and if this is the typical reader, I know to never waste my time reading another article from this poo site:

performative masculinity is killing this country and this guy is just a league average asshole who thinks hes special. 

I saw that post & laughed. Then I saw the hundred+ up votes & was like wtf, smh & laughed some more.

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Great way to coach if you're at the HS level however I don't feel that is the best method for an NFL HC, and I hate to agree with the comments but what has Rhule really done thus far? What has he won? So far, he's got a 5-11 record and Teddy Bridgewater as his hand picked starting Qb. Yuck.

There were not a lot of options, I suppose. But Rhule's honeymoon is now over.  I think he will win in 2021, but he must fill 7 or 8 holes with quality players.   I am not as convinced that Brady is this genius everyone thinks he is; I am more impressed with Snow and what he did with what he had.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Sure, however I think they are pretty fair points. Rhule deserves his fair share of criticism for the Teddy Bridgewater/QB debacle.

I am thinking that Rhule did not know Brady as well as he needed to know him, basing a lot on his national championship and Burrow's evolution, but he trusted Brady to select personnel and he missed.  Yes, it falls on the head coach, but remember where we were with Cam, the pandemic, etc. and Bridgewater was pretty good (when surrounded by a good OL) in New Orleans. 

You do not hear comments now about QBs coming from Brady (of course, he is Covid-19 absent), but you do hear Rhule making them.  He is letting it known that he is shopping for a QB.

About Bridgewater, I find Rhule's use of the word "urgency" to be interesting.  Does he mean late in games?  Does he mean TB's career?   I think he means "urgency" across the board---get the team out of the huddle, learn the 2 minute offense, know when to throw it down field in game situations and when to hit the check down.  Know how to win the game in the fourth quarter--there is a different approach to the QB position when urgency is needed.  TB stayed the same.

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Great way to coach if you're at the HS level however I don't feel that is the best method for an NFL HC, and I hate to agree with the comments but what has Rhule really done thus far? What has he won? So far, he's got a 5-11 record and Teddy Bridgewater as his hand picked starting Qb. Yuck.

He's a demanding Head Coach.

He'll quickly weed out who's a professional here to improve as a football player and win games and who's just interested in the pay cheque. 

If he wins the players will love it. If he loses he'll be fired - it is what it is. 

On 1/29/2021 at 12:30 AM, Admiral Ackbar said:

Sound's to me like the writer of this article is a pussy. 

Love what I read in the article from Rhule. Holding players accountable, no plays off, staying focused. I like it

I mean...if this doesn't scream "my pee wee coach didn't treat me well" idk what does

headshot1.jpg

FUG EM! Pansy ass!

• Pie 1