• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford didn’t want to come to the Panthers

raleigh-panther

20 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

The Rams are going all in for a Super Bowl. I wouldn’t call it idiotic. Risky is the better word. If it works, I bet you won’t find a single Rams fan upset about losing those draft picks. 

They have been on the doorstep for the last three years and in McVays mind, the qb position was holding them back. He won’t have that excuse anymore and I’d be shocked if the Rams aren’t in the divisional round in 2022

The deal is risky certainly a SB win in the next two seasons or it wouldn't have been worth it.... 

21 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

The Rams are going all in for a Super Bowl. I wouldn’t call it idiotic. Risky is the better word. If it works, I bet you won’t find a single Rams fan upset about losing those draft picks.

They have been on the doorstep for the last three years and in McVays mind, the qb position was holding them back. He won’t have that excuse anymore and I’d be shocked if the Rams aren’t in the divisional round in 2022

Great points you make.

Jourdan Rodrigue went on 730-CLT today to explain the Rams strategy and how they place very little value on bottom-tercile 1st round picks vs. established players who can be acquired/traded for...

...very intriguing and made a lot of sense. 

Kind of sheds a bit of light on the "value" Tepper & Co are placing on the #8 pick...

...namely a lot less than the rank-and-file huddle denizens who are shocked that Tepper & Co would offer it up for Stafford.

Just now, SizzleBuzz said:

Great points you make.

Jourdan Rodrigue went on 730-CLT today to explain the Rams strategy and how they place very little value on bottom-tercile 1st round picks vs. established players who can be acquired/traded for...

...very intriguing and made a lot of sense. 

Kind of sheds a bit of light on the "value" Tepper & Co are placing on the #8 pick...

...namely a lot less than the rank-and-file huddle denizens who are shocked that Tepper & Co would offer it up for Stafford.

I mean, if you’re asking me if I’d trade two mid twenties picks for Jalen Ramsey, that is an absolute yes.   I’d also trade two mid twenties picks for Matthew Stafford. 

I like the way they are operating. It’s definitely a paradigm shift on first round picks and will be really interesting to see the success that comes of it or the debilitating future failure that results from it. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I mean, if you’re asking me if I’d trade two mid twenties picks for Jalen Ramsey, that is an absolute yes.   I’d also trade two mid twenties picks for Matthew Stafford. 

I like the way they are operating. It’s definitely a paradigm shift on first round picks and will be really interesting to see the success that comes of it or the debilitating future failure that results from it. 

The problem comes when you assume it will be a 20th or later and it turns into #3. Or the hurneyassery like trading what #33 for Armani Edward's