• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good chance Cam will be Patriots starter in 2021

Ja  Rhule

On 2/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, PhillyB said:

bill belichek the idiot, right?

“Multiple sources who have spoken with Belichick this offseason said he does nothing but rave about Newton and the effort the quarterback put forth in 2020,” Volin writes. “The only problem Belichick is concerned with is Newton’s arm strength, with Newton having suffered multiple shoulder injuries in the last five years.”

9 minutes ago, onmyown said:

“Multiple sources who have spoken with Belichick this offseason said he does nothing but rave about Newton and the effort the quarterback put forth in 2020,” Volin writes. “The only problem Belichick is concerned with is Newton’s arm strength, with Newton having suffered multiple shoulder injuries in the last five years.”

yep, from another thread:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00/gamelog/2020/advanced/

Here are the game logs for cam.  Look at the games immediately after he threw the ball 20 times or more and tell me his arm isnt shot.  Dude had less than 10 completions 4 times. 

12 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yep, from another thread:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00/gamelog/2020/advanced/

Here are the game logs for cam.  Look at the games immediately after he threw the ball 20 times or more and tell me his arm isnt shot.  Dude had less than 10 completions 4 times. 

I mean he threw the ball less than 20 times in each of those games so....yea his completions are naturally going to be lower in those games thats kind of how that works.

The games in which he threw over 20 times he generally had pretty good success. Its all in the numbers right in front of you. Just have to know what you're looking at

38 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean he threw the ball less than 20 times in each of those games so....yea his completions are naturally going to be lower in those games thats kind of how that works.

The games in which he threw over 20 times he generally had pretty good success. Its all in the numbers right in front of you. Just have to know what you're looking at

Yeah but why do you think he threw less?   His arm is dead.  And if he had "pretty good success" throwing over 20 times why didnt they do it more often.  His arm is shot. 

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah but why do you think he threw less?   His arm is dead.  And if he had "pretty good success" throwing over 20 times why didnt they do it more often.  His arm is shot. 

That literally makes no sense. The data doesn't even point to that being a direct correlation either. I'm  also guessing you didn't watch very many Pats games if any at all and you're getting literally all of your information and basing your assumptions from a statistics page. Nothing of what you said relates to his "arm being dead" which is purely speculation. 

Cam didn't have much time at all to learn the Pat's system and he was also out of football for an entire year before that. He also wasn't the most accurate QB "wen his shulder wuz gud" AND again look at who he is throwing the ball too. Also got Covid after week 3. Throw all that together and hit blend and yea...you're going to have some rough spots. But it wasn't as bad as it could have been. He still had almost a 66% completion rate while only throwing the ball a ridiculously low 368 times in 15 games (you can blame it on the shoulder all you want ill go out on a limb and say it was more so for the reasons I explained above) but you go ahead and make your assumptions looking at your stat sheets.

Cam still put up just as much production as the Panthers 2020 prized FA Qb acquisition and won more games with less talent around him on offense. So yea thats that