• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alonzo Ball

I recently saw that the Pelicans might be shopping Alonzo Ball.  They might be rethinking that after last nights game against the Jazz where he put up some decent numbers.

Would it be worth trading for him?  Team him up with his brother.  They obviously have some amazing chemistry between each other and might make him better than he is with New Orleans. 

I am not suggesting that we do as I like many of the components the Hornets have and would not like to see us screw it up trading for an unwanted player.  I am just asking your opinion. 

What would you trade for him?

22 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I recently saw that the Pelicans might be shopping Alonzo Ball.  They might be rethinking that after last nights game against the Jazz where he put up some decent numbers.

Would it be worth trading for him?  Team him up with his brother.  They obviously have some amazing chemistry between each other and might make him better than he is with New Orleans. 

I am not suggesting that we do as I like many of the components the Hornets have and would not like to see us screw it up trading for an unwanted player.  I am just asking your opinion. 

What would you trade for him?

Not a needed piece.  He has a redundant skill set to LaMelo but with less talent/upside.

20 hours ago, WOW!! said:

No!!! Him and Melo are both Ball dominating guards who need the ball in their hands with a high usage rate... We need more 3 and D wings with size and a rim running rim defending big man.. And we would be okay..

I don't follow Lonzo or the Pelicans much so I may be wrong but I thought Lonzo was considered an elite wing defender... And he's been shooting extremely well lately, one of the best from 3 in the last month or so on a bunch of attempts. Maybe it's just a hot streak but based on the little that I have seen, I think that would be a great fit next to Melo, plus it'd never hurt to have even more length and rebounding ability at guard. Does Lonzo really need to have the ball in his hands? People thought the same about Terry and he's been a great SG this year. 

As for whether I'd want him, it depends on what we'd have to give up, I'm guessing he'll net the Pelicans a fairly sizable haul. I like Rozier and would probably prefer we just stick with him, plus our depth is great with Graham and Monk so we don't really have a big need for an upgrade at guard right now. It would certainly be interesting. If we got Lonzo and were competing for (or winning) championships with the Ball brothers we'd probably become one of the most hated teams in the league as Lavar would likely be going off on how great they are together, etc. I'd love that.

• Pie 1