• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade with Dolphins to get Watson?

AU-panther

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

It’s all over the huddle as being 0-8?

beat chargers 21-16

beat atl 23-16

beat WFT 20-13.

Vegas: we gave it to Armah on 4th and 1 at the 46 with about a minute and a half left.  game over.

GB: Got the ball on the carolina 20 down 8 with 55 seconds and no TOs.

KC: Got the ball on the carolina 9 with 1:26 and no TOs.  Miss a long fg for win.

Minn: Got the ball on carolina 13 with 0:43 and no TOs.  Miss a 54 yarder for win.

He definitely had some fails, yet we were in almost every game.  Not bad for a team many thought would probably be the worst in the NFL.  I want to be more than competitive like everyone else, but our defense was basically starting from scratch, CMC missed most of the year, and our offensive line was mediocre at best.  Teddy is not the long-term answer - but he's not horrible.

10 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

beat chargers 21-16

beat atl 23-16

beat WFT 20-13.

Vegas: we gave it to Armah on 4th and 1 at the 46 with about a minute and a half left.  game over.

GB: Got the ball on the carolina 20 down 8 with 55 seconds and no TOs.

KC: Got the ball on the carolina 9 with 1:26 and no TOs.  Miss a long fg for win.

Minn: Got the ball on carolina 13 with 0:43 and no TOs.  Miss a 54 yarder for win.

He definitely had some fails, yet we were in almost every game.  Not bad for a team many thought would probably be the worst in the NFL.  I want to be more than competitive like everyone else, but our defense was basically starting from scratch, CMC missed most of the year, and our offensive line was mediocre at best.  Teddy is not the long-term answer - but he's not horrible.

Yeah he is. Minnesota game we was winning and to kick fg because he missed wide open Moore for td that’s all on him that game shouldn’t have came down to a Slye fg. Then another game on the line 4th and 9 throws ball 2yds and he is not to blame. Yeah he was 0-8 I’m sorry I’m giving him all those losses

23 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

i guess if you say it enough, it just becomes an alternative fact?

I don't know. I know if I go down the schedule, where games that ended up within one possession scoring-wise of a tie or win, there were 11 of them. We won three and lost eight, so 3-8. If you look at what is considered possible  game-winning (or tying) drives, then it's reported that Bridgewater went  0-8. Are you suggesting that media is wrong? I mean, it was reported on the Web and on TV (and I faintly remember someone mentioning that he wanted to win one--probably the second Saints game--during a broadcast).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/34523/panthers-2020-and-bridgewater-defined-by-failure-on-late-drives%3fplatform=amp

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/31/teddy-bridgewater-would-like-to-complete-a-game-winning-drive-to-end-2020/

https://money.yahoo.com/teddy-bridgewater-complete-game-winning-144905637.html

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah he is. Minnesota game we was winning and to kick fg because he missed wide open Moore for td that’s all on him that game shouldn’t have came down to a Slye fg. Then another game on the line 4th and 9 throws ball 2yds and he is not to blame. Yeah he was 0-8 I’m sorry I’m giving him all those losses

He absolutely deserves some blame in a number of those games.  But the 0-8 in 1-score games is simply not true.  I'm sure you are capable of googling the results of our schedule and performing this simple analysis.  He definitely won 3 games where the final score was a difference of 7 points or less.  He was 3-8 in 1-score games - no getting around that.

I'm an advocate for getting a better QB.  But we should be historically honest with the facts.

1 minute ago, grimesgoat said:

He absolutely deserves some blame in a number of those games.  But the 0-8 in 1-score games is simply not true.  I'm sure you are capable of googling the results of our schedule and performing this simple analysis.  He definitely won 3 games where the final score was a difference of 7 points or less.  He was 3-8 in 1-score games - no getting around that.

I'm an advocate for getting a better QB.  But we should be historically honest with the facts.

Look above I was right!

At the end of the day, I saw Teddy screw up. I watched the games! I saw him throw ill-advised INTs and mind numbing checkdowns. I saw him hold onto the ball a little too long in some of his throws, causing the receiver to miss out on receptions/YAC, so I don't care if it's 0-8 or 3-8, Teddy wasn't as advertised!

Edited by top dawg

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I don't know. I know if I go down the schedule, where games that ended up within one possession scoring-wise of a tie or win, there were 11 of them. We won three and lost eight, so 3-8. If you look at what is considered possible  game-winning (or tying) drives, then it's reported that Bridgewater went  0-8. Are you suggesting that media is wrong? I mean, it was reported on the Web and on TV (and I faintly remember someone mentioning that he wanted to win one--probably the second Saints game--during a broadcast).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/34523/panthers-2020-and-bridgewater-defined-by-failure-on-late-drives%3fplatform=amp

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/31/teddy-bridgewater-would-like-to-complete-a-game-winning-drive-to-end-2020/

https://money.yahoo.com/teddy-bridgewater-complete-game-winning-144905637.html

yep - there were a number of failed last-minute drives for the win (or tie).  What I was responding to was "1-score games".  In those, he was 3-8.

An optimist (me) might say 'we were still in the game despite the sub-optimal talent.  Good for Teddy'.

A pessimist would say 'we should have won those games - its all Teddy's fault', not considering there are 53 other players plus coaches on the field that can affect the outcome,

I usually come down somewhat in the middle.

Not sure what everyone was expecting.  Not counting QBs still on their rookie contracts, I believe Teddy was the lowest paid starting QB in the league last year other than Cam.  

I actually see a pickle and it's why I just hope we just land Watson somehow:

If he goes to MIA, we'd need to look at trading to #2 with NYJ if we want Zach Wilson.  I just don't see that happening; the Jets have a new GM & coach, the #2 pick, if anything they may try to swing #2+Darnold+2021 1st for Russell Wilson.  Or try to land Dak.

If the NYJ get Deshaun Watson, I think it's pretty set that Zach Wilson goes to HOU at 2.

Basically, if we think there's a drop after Zach, we're looking at a thin line to figure this out.  I'd like to think our options here Watson or Zach but it will be hard to make either happen. 

Don't know about Dak, Lance, Fields, Jones, Darnold, etc. they all seem a clear tier lower than the potential of Zach or what you instantly get with Watson.