Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Jets willing to discuss trading Darnold


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Moore, Anderson, Samuel.   All 3 had 1000 yards.   Ball in their hands and you can't deny the talent all 3 have. 

How many trios can you name as good in the NFL last year?  I mean, nitpick it.  Doesn't really matter. 

Point is veteran Teddy had legit targets schemed up by Joe Brady.   Young Sam was in NY with nothing. 

All three had career years with Bridgewater, yes.

People want to take him out of that equation for some reason. I guess it doesn't fit their narrative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CRA said:

Moore, Anderson, Samuel.   All 3 had 1000 yards.   Ball in their hands and you can't deny the talent all 3 have. 

How many trios can you name as good in the NFL last year?  I mean, nitpick it.  Doesn't really matter. 

Point is veteran Teddy had legit targets schemed up by Joe Brady.   Young Sam was in NY with nothing. 

I definitely agree with this.. I also think Mike Davis was a better RB then what ever the Jets had. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldhamA said:

All three had career years with Bridgewater, yes.

People want to take him out of that equation for some reason. I guess it doesn't fit their narrative.

We watched the games... Alot of their yards were made by them not the QB.. Let's be realistic.. If Teddy throws a 5 to 10 yard pass and Roddy or DJ or Curtis take it 30 - 40 more yards down the field.. Who gets credit for that??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

We watched the games... Alot of their yards were made by them not the QB.. Let's be realistic.. If Teddy throws a 5 to 10 yard pass and Roddy or DJ or Curtis take it 30 - 40 more yards down the field.. Who gets credit for that??

Didn’t someone on here actually figure up YAC yardage vs actual air yardage of Teddy’s throws and it wasn’t in Teddy’s favor? 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I guess they wrapped up their QB draft evaluations. Go ahead and pencil in Zach Wilson to the Jets at #2.

Unless they trade for Watson...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Lobo said:

Didn’t someone on here actually figure up YAC yardage vs actual air yardage of Teddy’s throws and it wasn’t in Teddy’s favor? 

I don't even have to do that.. I watched the games and can see the difference in Teddy passing to DJ and DJ breaks 3 tackles and get 20 to 30 more yards.  And Cam Passing to Ted Ginn or Philly and they fall and Cam only getting the yards he passed for and no extra YAC...

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

But you would agree Minshew also played with better surrounding talent in a weaker division  right??

Context and situational differences does matter in this breakdown right??

I wouldn't agree with that necessarily. Both franchises have certainly had talent issues but I wouldn't call the AFC East a strong division by any means. For the most part, over their careers, the AFC South has been a little better. Not this past season, but the prior two I would say the AFC South was better top to bottom.

They were both put into situations that made them fail....but Minshee actually looked pretty good failing, whereas Darnold was "seeing ghosts."

That doesn't mean I think Darnold is valueless but I have seen some stuff from him that makes me question how much he really loves football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I wouldn’t mind sending them a 3rd or 4th, use this year’s first on a stud LT (or maaaaybe Pitts) or trade down to build ammo to move up next year if Darnold is irredeemable. 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I want Walter Cronkite 

Donaldson is a turnover machine

Agreed, though Cronkite's effectiveness is somewhat minimalized by his being dead.

(granted, that works against Murrow as well)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I actually agree with this. I'd probably rather have Minshew than Darnold.

Minshew to me is Jake Delhomme with more athleticism and a porn stache.

And yes, that's an upgrade over Teddy Bridgewater (stache included).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

We watched the games... Alot of their yards were made by them not the QB.. Let's be realistic.. If Teddy throws a 5 to 10 yard pass and Roddy or DJ or Curtis take it 30 - 40 more yards down the field.. Who gets credit for that??

We were actually 9th in the NFL in yards after the catch as a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I wouldn't agree with that necessarily. Both franchises have certainly had talent issues but I wouldn't call the AFC East a strong division by any means. For the most part, over their careers, the AFC South has been a little better. Not this past season, but the prior two I would say the AFC South was better top to bottom.

They were both put into situations that made them fail....but Minshee actually looked pretty good failing, whereas Darnold was "seeing ghosts."

That doesn't mean I think Darnold is valueless but I have seen some stuff from him that makes me question how much he really loves football. 

If we're talking last few years.  Bill's and Dolphins have been good or Atleast competitive and then the Patriots.  Last few years I would say AFC east is the stronger division... I also think the Jags had more talent surrounding Minshew if we're being realistic...

But like I said it could go either way for me depending on compensation.. I'd rather go with natural talent but the stats don't lie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...