• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The problem with that is writers "journalists" get by with such nonsense now and people usually don't bat an eye.  I ReAdZ iT oN ThA InTeRNeT!  Trash like this article is everywhere nowadays and it is hardly confined to sports writers.  Why?  Absolutely zero accountability for he content they put out there no matter how ludicrous, false and potentially damaging it is.

I agree, I am just pointing out that Jason LaCanfora didnt put that info forward.  JL is one of the best, most respected and connected guys out there.   I really enjoy his stuff.

• Pie 1
1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

So WE would facilitate the move to sweeten the deal for them to take Teddy plus get picks.  I could go for that.  I was looking at it from Denver's perspective.  It's roughly 50 points which is an end of round 4 value.  They won't give their fouth pick so it would have to be round 5 and one of their three 7th rounders.  We still lose out on some value, BUT would accomplished two things: it gets Teddy out of Carolina and we recoup a couple picks this year that we lose out on in next years draft.  Granted these are later round selections, but in terms of net picks, we would only be on the hook for Darnold's 2nd in terms of real value.

Yep, just depends on if DEN would actually want to do it.  Because then they're making a move for their bridge QB and future QB in one move.  Probs unlikely

46 minutes ago, frankw said:

Option 2 is the only likelihood. There is no way the staff and the front office want that awkwardness looming over the '21 season...

I disagree.

It's just not the big deal so many are making it out to be.

These are grown men who are professionals in a big-boy league --- it's not the petty whiney bitch league.

EDIT:  I'm not saying TB5 will be here for sure, but it is definitely in the set of possible outcomes.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1
31 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I disagree.

It's just not the big deal so many are making it out to be.

These are grown men who are professionals in a big-boy league --- it's not the petty whiney bitch league.

EDIT:  I'm not saying TB5 will be here for sure, but it is definitely in the set of possible outcomes.

I daresay that Teddy has no place on the current roster, particularly since the Darnold trade. Darnold needs to play for evaluation purposes, and if Darnold gets hurt then the team would seemingly benefit more from evaluating the backups (I'm assuming Walker and Grier) for the future.  Might be different if the team had a rookie but at this point Teddy is a known-quantity expensive backup whom the team has already signaled has no future in Carolina and who would be taking snaps from players whom the team would be better off seeing on the field.

That said, maybe the team will prioritize the potential 0.1-0.4 win % that backup Teddy could represent over the odds the other guys in that backup role might bring. I don't agree with that but is is a possibility and IMO the scenario where keeping him makes any real type of sense.

Edited by KSpan
1 hour ago, KSpan said:

I daresay that Teddy has no place on the current roster, particularly since the Darnold trade.

Darnold needs to play for evaluation purposes, and if Darnold gets hurt then the team would seemingly benefit more from evaluating the backups (I'm assuming Walker and Grier) for the future. 

America is a wonderful place where everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you.

Jake Delhomme and Steve Beuerlein are on the other side of your trade.

Darnold will get his reps, keeping TB5 on the roster will have zero effect there. 

On the flipside, Darnold could learn a lot from Teddy and having the steadying influence of such a even-keeled and competent veteran can only help Sam -- win/win.

Grier & Walker have been fully "evaluated", nothing new to be learned about them...short-timers.

image.thumb.png.6b8784a5ce0ec8985d065ec9943c375f.png

Edited by SizzleBuzz
7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

America is a wonderful place where everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you.

Darnold will get his reps, keeping TB5 on the roster will have zero effect there. 

On the flipside, Darnold could learn a lot from Teddy and having the steadying influence of such a even-keeled and competent veteran can only help Sam -- win/win.

Grier & Walker have been fully "evaluated", nothing new to be learned about them...short-timers.

Yeah that was said way before we traded for Darnold, not happening 

Keeping Teddy screws up the team dynamics. If there is going to be a qb competition between them, more than likely Teddy beats out Darnold as the starter. If you put Darnold in as the starter anyway, other players might not be so happy with that decision. If the team wants Darnold to start then Teddy needs to be gone.

42 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Keeping Teddy screws up the team dynamics.

If there is going to be a qb competition between them, more than likely Teddy beats out Darnold as the starter.

If you put Darnold in as the starter anyway, other players might not be so happy with that decision.

If the team wants Darnold to start then Teddy needs to be gone.

Not in the least.

Do you really believe that?  I too believe it's possible but it might just be the 2 of us!

For sure.

Sensing your post is a joke?

9 hours ago, joemac said:

Lol what? No chance in Gods Green Earth would ANYBODY trade us a first round pick for Teddy. Much less a top 10 pick.

Although how incredible would it be to have back to back picks in the top 10. We would be so set up for success it’s ridiculous.

Clearly.

thats why I said wow 

7 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You’re using an article written before Darnold was signed. It’s not relevant as it was written likely on the basis of drafting a rookie. Darnold isn’t a rookie, he doesn’t need captain checkdown/audible to a run with the game on the line to help him.

Worst case is save $8M and release him. Best case is trade him and save all $18M or save between $8M and $18M and get a pick.

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You’re using an article written before Darnold was signed.

It’s not relevant as it was written likely on the basis of drafting a rookie.

Darnold isn’t a rookie, he doesn’t need captain checkdown/audible to a run with the game on the line to help him.

Worst case is save $8M and release him.

Best case is trade him and save all $18M or save between $8M and $18M and get a pick.

Yup, sure did.

..."likely...?

Nope, he's not a rookie...and he'll get his reps...but he's completely unproven and having a backup plan is prudent --- said plan is already under contract.

Do you truly believe that to be "best case"?  Pay the guy $10 million cash to go away and sign with someone else?

Zero chance anything in your last sentence ever happens.

27 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Yup, sure did.

..."likely...?

Nope, he's not a rookie...and he'll get his reps...but he's completely unproven and having a backup plan is prudent --- said plan is already under contract.

Do you truly believe that to be "best case"?  Pay the guy $10 million cash to go away and sign with someone else?

Zero chance anything in your last sentence ever happens.

Yep if not traded he will be cut. Just face the facts, Carolina doesn’t want him. It’s really not that hard to see, if you can’t then I don’t know what else to tell you.