• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This might explain a lot

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I personally know a few B's, none are douchebags.

However, that is the rarity, not the norm.

"...a few" implies at least 3.

So what are the odds that 99% of all billionaires are "douchebags" but 100% of the ones you know are good guys?

Statistically speaking that seems very very unlikely...either that or the general assumption is wrong.

9 minutes ago, Ship said:

Say what you want about Hurney but he seems to have executed what JR wanted to a tee. If only JR wasn’t wrong

Part of being good at your job is knowing when to tell the person above you they're full of sh-t.

Marty never gave any indication that he was smart enough to do that.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

One man cannot possibly do that. PSL owners, demand, and tax payers made the Carolina Panthers a reality.

If it wasn’t JR it would’ve been another person. Because the former 3 things (a local market and one willing to pay for a team) were there. 

JR was just the guy who was able to own it. Lucky for him. Unfortunate for the Carolinas.

Not as easy as you say it is

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Part of being good at your job is knowing when to tell the person above you they're full of sh-t.

Either that or he was smart enough to know certain managers "above you" will immediately fire yo' ass for said behaviour...

...Jer' was one of those guys. 

Can't blame a guy for wanting to remain employed.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

That sounds great. But if you think JR would keep him as GM if he was undermining him and telling him he’s full of poo, you’d be sadly mistaken. So “smart enough” is kind of silly to say assuming Hurney wanted to keep the GM job.

• Beer 1

Just now, Ship said:

That sounds great. But if you think JR would keep him as GM if he was undermining him and telling him he’s full of poo, you’d be sadly mistaken. So “smart enough” is kind of silly to say assuming Hurney wanted to keep the GM job.

There's also something to be said for knowing when the person you work for is a loser.

At that point, you're either good enough to get a job with somebody better or you're not.

Marty's now working for Dan Snyder.

• The D 1

5 hours ago, Mage said:

I agree but it sucks that the franchise tag is still a thing.  A player could get hit with the 5th-year option and a franchise tag (potentially 2-3x but unlikely) before being able to negotiate a contract or hit the open market.

I get why the current players wouldn't care about guys not in the league yet, but wish they could have negotiated something better.  I think making it where it is a 3-year deal and the 4th year is the option year works out for both the player and the team.  And make it where you can only be tagged once.  That still lets a team hold onto a player for at least 5 years if they can't negotiate a contract, but eliminates the possibility of getting tagged more than once and guarantees you hit the open market (if you so choose) after 5 years in the NFL as opposed to potentially 6 or more.   

Yeah because paying a rookie QB 50 million to bust made sence. Honestly it was the agents that caused the rookie cap because of their greed. I mean if you're tagged 3 times you're a multi millionaire and that's way farther than what most players get. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's also something to be said for knowing when the person you work for is a loser.

At that point, you're either good enough to get a job with somebody better or you're not.

Marty's now working for Dan Snyder.

Complete horse-hockey...

25 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Complete horse-hockey...

From the guy who predicted that Marty would be working here for years to come, then said Tepper wouldn't hire a new GM, and followed that up by predicting the wrong guy.

You've proven repeatedly that you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Snake said:

Yeah because paying a rookie QB 50 million to bust made sence. Honestly it was the agents that caused the rookie cap because of their greed. I mean if you're tagged 3 times you're a multi millionaire and that's way farther than what most players get. 

I literally said I agree with the rookie scale.  I was just adding that there are ways to improve it.