• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

14 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The obvious reaching/overpayment for QBs, I suppose I should have said the last 2-3 teams a lot of teams are reaching and overpaying for QBs in both the draft and FA. He's about what I expected high talent level low refinement of said talents.

When is the last time a guy with his physical traits was drafted in the 2nd round?

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How would he be a 2nd rounder in a normal year? What does this year have to do with his draft value?

I also wouldn't complain if we get Lance I would expect him to need 1-2 seasons learning though, the complaining about it on here will be unbearable.

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean Alabama was way better that other teams this year. They are loaded with NFL talent. Mac Jones had a NFL line, RB, and WRs mostly 1st rounders going against a lot of players that won’t get drafted. The gap from Alabama to the average team they played could be greater than NDSU and their competition. Also Lance started the same number of games as Jones. So experience should be similar...

Kinda, but Lance played like 17 games in college against lower comp.  Swing for the fences doesn’t quite capture it.  He has not seen top football at all.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kaepernick was a sub-60% college passer. VERY few of those guys work out.

You specifically said Physicaly skilled... And you are correct the only one I can think of is Josh Allen.

Agaist that level of competition and his very low pass attempts per game I'm not sure if thats a telling statistic.  

I think Lance will be there at 8 unless someone trades up for him.  I’m not convinced Miami, ATL, Philly, or Detroit are going QB.  Lawrence is going #1, another QB will go to the Jets most likely (I’m thinking they go Wilson), but Cinci obviously isn’t picking one and I think Philly will see what Hurts can do this year.  Matt Ryan is not the Falcons’ issue and they have big holes on defense.  Detroit will stay with Goff this year.  Biggest question mark is if somebody is gonna trade up.  

Those rookie QB contracts are what help teams make playoff runs nowadays (unless you’re the Bucs), and drafting one to sit behind Ryan or Goff just doesn’t make sense to me.  It worked with Mahomes but he’s a special case with an elite offensive HC.  Give me Lance at 8, please. 

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I don't see it but anything is possible.  Sewell is being massively overrated on this board.  He is not flawless by any means.  Pitts and Chase are good players.  QBs trump that sorry.

QBs trump all every year but other players often find themselves drafted before the fourth QB is. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, top dawg said:

All I can say is you'll see. Lance isn't some dumb schmoe! You seem like you think that he doesn't know what he's doing back there, but I believe that he does. He is always cool and under control. 

Just like he played against "lesser athletes", he played with "lesser athletes" as well.

Please don’t try and put words in my mouth. I don’t think he is dumb. On the athletes part he plays on a team that has more success over the last few years in its conference than Alabama has. His school fields the best athletes for D2. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

Please don’t try and put words in my mouth. I don’t think he is dumb. On the athletes part he plays on a team that has more success over the last few years in its conference than Alabama has. His school fields the best athletes for D2. 

There is very little level of objective reasoning to be had in this thread. The Chicken Littles will cry this for the next month... 

By the way I eat all the crown I spewed defending teddy. You were correct all along.