• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers prospect pro day workouts/meetings thread

TheSpecialJuan

10 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I don't think Leatherwood will be able to handle the speed rushers in the NFL.

Roche abused him in the Senior Bowl practices and he's, at best, a third round pick.

Got-to coach these guys up! Im still unsure if he can handle OT, but I know thats where he'd start for me. He did a fine job in the SEC, where the best DE/OLBs are. The one-on-one drills are little unfair to OL too, still he did struggle. Hes one of those "depends on how the draft falls" types. 

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I don't think Leatherwood will be able to handle the speed rushers in the NFL.

Roche abused him in the Senior Bowl practices and he's, at best, a third round pick.

Leatherwood has the longest arms--that is all I have for him,

After the top 3--I am not into Cosmi, Leatherwood, or Radunz.  I like Jenkins Mayfield, Eichenburg, Walker, and Vera-Tucker as a second OL drafted.

I am guessing that Slater is going to be the pick.  Good feet, just lacks the punch and run blocking Sewell offers.  Still, I will be happy with either

Edited by MHS831

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Virtual Meetings on the Charlie Football site (Font size approved by Panther55 and MrScot.--seriously, do not know why it did that )

image.png.a8c4a2d1fdac753f17824acf845e2aff.png

All day 3 selections.  So we are apparently looking at CB and WR in the 5th and 6th rounds.  That had better be the SECOND corner taken if we wait that late to draft one.  I've been mocking CB in the 3rd or 4th round.  I've got my sights set on Adebo and Rochell.

18 hours ago, 45catfan said:

All day 3 selections.  So we are apparently looking at CB and WR in the 5th and 6th rounds.  That had better be the SECOND corner taken if we wait that late to draft one.  I've been mocking CB in the 3rd or 4th round.  I've got my sights set on Adebo and Rochell.

or maybe we are only looking at potential day 3 selections virtually...we could be visiting other players at those positions (CB, WR)--but you could be right.  To me, it seems the interview is more important to Rhule than it has been in the past. 

Donavaughn Campbell, OL, Louisiana Tech  

Our second Bulldog to make this list, Campbell was not graded by scouts before the season and was a non-entity in scouting circles. He showed flashes of ability at left tackle in 2020, but at 6’4″ and 336 pounds, Campbell has the size and style to play guard in a power-gap offense. He’s presently being pursued in Zoom meetings by the Houston Texans, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, and Carolina Panthers.

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Donavaughn Campbell, OL, Louisiana Tech  

Our second Bulldog to make this list, Campbell was not graded by scouts before the season and was a non-entity in scouting circles. He showed flashes of ability at left tackle in 2020, but at 6’4″ and 336 pounds, Campbell has the size and style to play guard in a power-gap offense. He’s presently being pursued in Zoom meetings by the Houston Texans, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, and Carolina Panthers.

http://www.thegridironcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Donavaughn-Campbell-800x445.png

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer
· 14m
So to recap, teams that we've confirmed as slated to be at Ohio State QB Justin Fields' second pro day (picks in parantheses) ... • Jets (2) • 49ers (3) • Falcons (4) • Panthers (8) • Broncos (9) • Patriots (15) Also, as we've said, NFL coaches will run the workout.

It’s not like the old days where we could get a handle on who they were looking at. 

CAR.gif Carolina Panthers
  • Frank Darby, Wide Receiver, Arizona State (VIR)
  • Jacob Harris, Tight End, Central Florida (VIR)
  • Deommodore Lenoir, Cornerback, Oregon (VIR)
  • Asante Samuel Jr., Cornerback, Florida State (VIR)
  • Mike Strachan, Wide Receiver, Charleston (VIR)
  • Avery Williams, Cornerback, Boise State (VIR

Harris and Strachan are in the Dan Arnold mold for TE.