• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alabama Pro Day Today at 12 pm

BurnNChinn

11 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

How did he show heart? Hahahaha. Just kind sounds like he makes your jeans tight 

Most guys on their pro day set it up so they look good and don't do things that might expose their weaknesses. Jones did just the opposite. He was rolling out and throwing on the run. He was supposed to throw roughly 50 throws but by many accounts surpassed that by a lot.  That shows heart and competitiveness. As for whether he is my favorite QB this draft, he isn't. Wilson is my favorite. Even more than Lawrence who is my second choice. Jones would be third on my list. So the advantage of Jones is he will be good and we could get him at 8. The question is whether Wilson would be so much better he would be worth 3 first rounders. I am actually thinking he might be. But I would have to rely on interviews and my expert scouts for guidance.

Edited by panthers55

Just now, panthers55 said:

Most guys on their pro day set it up so they look good and don't do things that might expose their weaknesses. Jones did just the opposite. He was rolling out and throwing on the run. He was supposed to throw roughly 50 throws but by many accounts surpassed that by a lot.  That shows heart and competitiveness 

So wait he gets credit for showing things Teams (still questioned) whether he could do.... To improve his chances of being drafted by said teams... This is showing heart??? So a slow WR running the 40 on his pro day because teams question his speed is showing heart?? Okay

• Flames 1

I want to see it because the more top QBs, the better...but I just don't.  He gives me such sweet nothings.

I've seen a lot of "he's not just an AJ McCarron", he can be more than let's say a Matt Cassell or whoever... "he wasn't just elevated by his talent", but then I'd expect something to pop. 

Especially with a pro day, you're looking for a guy who can really grab the room, fully drive the tempo of the session.  He seemed prisoner to the moment...and looked like a 1950s gym teacher.  That pro day did him no favors.  I did not see what Chris Simms has been praising him for at all.   There's definitely talent, but man, at 8? I'll trust em' if they get him, but it was just super underwhelming. 

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So wait he gets credit for showing things Teams (still questioned) whether he could do.... To improve his chances of being drafted by said teams... This is showing heart??? So a slow WR running the 40 on his pro day because teams question his speed is showing heart?? Okay

Like I said, you got a problem. You go on any post whether directed to you or not to say negative things about Jones. 

Your analogy is lame. The speed of the wide receiver is a huge part of his value. The 40 of a QB isn't. A slow wide receiver doesn't get drafted so they have to run. But QBs dont. They can claim they tweaked a hammy in practice. Easy.  But the heart comment came from doing difficult things and staying longer and throwing with few breaks to show his endurance. He knows he is going in the first round no matter how he did. I think he is a competitive guy who wanted to show that the critics were wrong. I can respect that and give him some credit.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Like I said, you got a problem. You go on any thread whether directed to you or not to say negative things about Jones. 

Your analogy is lame. The speed of the wide receiver is a huge part of his value. The 40 of a QB isn't. A slow wise receiver doesn't get drafted, they have to run. But QBs dont. They claim they tweaked it in practice bBut the heart comment came from doing difficult things and staying longer and throwing with few breaks to show his endurance. He knows he is going in the first round no matter how he did. I think he is a competitive guy who wanted to show that the critics were wrong. I can respect that and give him some credit.

But Arm strength and athleticism is... Sorry if you didn't get the analogy but giving false credit for stuff every prospect is expected to do is LAME!!

1 hour ago, Panfan35 said:

You guys making a big deal about how Athletic he’s not but that only gets you so far it come down to throwing the ball with Anticipation and accuracy that’s Mac Jones leading this class of QBs. He has dropped 50+ yard passes in games I don’t care that he can throw it through a wr 15 yards away and hit 70 yard bombs. Above the shoulders your getting a elite QB that’s what I am looking at and his ability to throw WRs open everyone always complaining about panther Qb not placing the ball so our playmakers can keep running 

Show me one good in game 50yd bomb where the reciever doesn't have to slow down. 

Hint there aren't any. 

Just now, WOW!! said:

But Arm strength and athleticism is... Sorry if you didn't get the analogy but giving false credit for stuff every prospect is expected to do is LAME!!

His arm is strong enough to throw it 40 yards in the air and he can make all the throws. He will develop more velocity as he improves in an NFL program physically and mentally.  He won't be confused for being athletic but like Brees he is elusive in the pocket which is very important.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Show me one good in game 50yd bomb where the reciever doesn't have to slow down. 

Hint there aren't any. 

Sure there are. Few if any QBs throw 50 yards in the air. They throw 35 or 40 yards to a receiver in stride and he goes the other 20 yards. How many of those are there. Lots.

11 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

His arm is strong enough to throw it 40 yards in the air and he can make all the throws. He will develop more velocity as he improves in an NFL program physically and mentally.  He won't be confused for being athletic but like Brees he is elusive in the pocket which is very important.

I find it hard to believe that Mac Jones didn’t take Alabama’s weight training and lifting program seriously but he’s going to start now as a Pro. He couldn’t be convinced by the greatest college football coach of our time in Saban but he’s going to work harder under Rhule and Brady? Cmon. 

Brother, you could have QBd for Alabama and had success this season. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Alot of prediction based off nothing.. And credit giving for stuff we don't know will translate.. Got you..

16 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Sure there are. Few if any QBs throw 50 yards in the air. They throw 35 or 40 yards to a receiver in stride and he goes the other 20 yards. How many of those are there. Lots.

No that's not how it goes I want to see 50 yards in the air in a game from Mac Jones for the receivers hit in stride and doesn't have to slow down at all at all show me one..