• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft

CarolinaLivin

11 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Teddy is better than Minshew. Minshew’s stats are from garbage time. Panthers fans, please. I know we are bad at QB but going from a bad QB to another bad QB won’t solve anything. 

Paying Minshew would be a lot cheaper than keeping Teddy on that contract. Not saying he is that much better but that contract is ridiculous 

Not trying to argue that Minshew is the best option or that he is better than Teddy. Just something I saw on Minshew and wanted to post. 

Tommy Garrett from Pro Football Network:

In his 2019 rookie season, Minshew was 6-6 as a starter but outplayed their record. Remember, wins are not a QB stat, no matter how much people try to say otherwise. In 14 total games, Minshew completed 60.6% of his passes (285 of 470) for 3,271 yards, 21 touchdowns, and just 6 interceptions. That was more touchdowns, a higher QBR (91.2), and half as many interceptions as the 2019 NFL Rookie of the Year Kyler Murray.

No question he struggled last season, but we can point back to the injury he was playing through. Still, there was progression in his sophomore season. Minshew raised his completion percentage by nearly six percent (66.1%), threw for more yards per game (251.0), and raised his QBR (95.9) while under pressure (27 sacks in nine games).

• Pie 1

I think we'll grab Mac Jones at 8, but there's a chance that with the serious run on QBs in the top 10, we may see some trades that pushes even more than four QBs off the boards before we get there. If so, look for us to take either LT or Micah Parsons in hopes of swinging back for a second round QB pick.

I think we're very likely to see teams like New Orleans, Denver and even maybe Tampa Bay make some aggressive moves to get QBs. Detroit and maybe even Philadelphia could make picks for QBs considering their tenuous situations there. Even Miami could stay put and snag a QB. It could be just that crazy and leave our brass with some selections that most likely wouldn't be on the board this late.

Trade up for a QB.

Don't care if it's Fields, Wilson, or Lance, just get one. 

Rather we be aggressive on a legitimate QB prospect than twiddle our thumbs. 

With no Franchise QB, your team has no identity. You aren't worth crap and no one cares about your franchise. 

We need a new face now that Cam is gone. 

Make it happen. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Stick @ 8 and if our guy isn't there, try and trade back or take one of the awesome players that fell due to the QB rush.

Patience. Let it all come to you.

giphy.gif

They chose the patient route in FA. I'm not sure they'll take the same approach in the 1st round of this draft. 

54 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I think we'll grab Mac Jones at 8, but there's a chance that with the serious run on QBs in the top 10, we may see some trades that pushes even more than four QBs off the boards before we get there. If so, look for us to take either LT or Micah Parsons in hopes of swinging back for a second round QB pick.

I think we're very likely to see teams like New Orleans, Denver and even maybe Tampa Bay make some aggressive moves to get QBs. Detroit and maybe even Philadelphia could make picks for QBs considering their tenuous situations there. Even Miami could stay put and snag a QB. It could be just that crazy and leave our brass with some selections that most likely wouldn't be on the board this late.

We are not drafting Jones at 8. Hell I don’t even think he goes top 20 and shouldn’t be picked in first

Edited by BurnNChinn

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

We are not drafting Jones at 8. Hell I don’t even think he goes top 20 and shouldn’t be picked in first

Actually, after today's moves, there's a lot of speculation that Jones won't be there when we pick. He may not make it past #3.