• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teppers Blue Balls

therealmjl

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

While I agree that Hurney should have been gone day one, I also can realize Tepper recognized he wasn’t the guy and found a replacement. It probably should have happened earlier but I recognize he has fixed that mistake. 

Again. We lost Luke and Cam. The entire board agreed it would be a 3-4 year rebuild. It’s been one year. One fugging draft. And people are losing their poo over not trading away 3+ 1sts for a QB. The problem isn’t Tepper so much as it is impatient fans with short term memories and near sightedness 

I doubt ruhle or fitt are reaching out to the huddle for advise...thankfully

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

I doubt ruhle or fitt are reaching out to the huddle for advise...thankfully

I’ve been visiting this board for 15 years or so now and I’ve always found this place miles ahead of other team message boards in terms of intelligence to team operations, the cap, trade value etc.

I have really lost faith in all that in the last 4-5 years and this offseason has really made me question of all the smart posters just took off and went elsewhere. Holy poo it’s gotten pathetic around here.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’ve been visiting this board for 15 years or so now and I’ve always found this place miles ahead of other team message boards in terms of intelligence to team operations, the cap, trade value etc.

I have really lost faith in all that in the last 4-5 years and this offseason has really made me question of all the smart posters just took off and went elsewhere. Holy poo it’s gotten pathetic around here.

Want to see some of our smart posters have a quick peek into the tinderbox...LOL

• Beer 1

I am genuinely curious what people think we should have done this off season.  Obviously Plan A was Watson, and yeah.  We see what happened there completely out of the blue.

I hear the Huddle talk about how we have a million holes.

How we absolutely need a franchise QB right now.  But we better absolutely not trade acceptable value for a franchise QB.  That ruins our future.

And then I see our limited cap space.

Apparently we shoulda convinced the Lions to part with Stafford for a 7th, grab Watson for a 6th..because he is better after all.  Maybe sign Thuney, Linsley, Zeitler or something for Vet mins.  Oh and cut Bridgewater and get Bridgewater to void his own contract so we didn't have any deadcap.

Edited by Tepper's Chest Hair

16 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I am genuinely curious what people think we should have done this off season.  Obviously Plan A was Watson, and yeah.  We see what happened there completely out of the blue.

I hear the Huddle talk about how we have a million holes.

How we absolutely need a franchise QB right now.  But we better absolutely not trade acceptable value for a franchise QB.  That ruins our future.

And then I see our limited cap space.

Apparently we shoulda convinced the Lions to part with Stafford for a 7th, grab Watson for a 6th..because he is better after all.  Maybe sign Thuney, Linsley, Zeitler or something for Vet mins.  Oh and cut Bridgewater and get Bridgewater to void his own contract so we didn't have any deadcap.

It's almost like we truly thought we were players for Watson, turns out he's a scum bag which totally altered all of our plans. It's fine, you'll have more chances to find a QB. Honestly, there's like five good QB's in the NFL. The rest of the batch are just average and can fluctuate on a year to year basis. Focus on building up the strongest roster possible, the QB will come. Fine they didn't give up two firsts if they weren't in love with any of the options.

• Pie 1