• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lightning @ Hurricanes 3/27 Game 6 of 8

Harbingers

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'd still rather go back to the normal scheduling. This is great for this season, but I still like the idea of having at least 1 home game against every other team, and just a more spread out season. While games like this have been intriguing I've also already gotten tired of playing some teams, like Columbus. I could see them changing up the divisions going forward, especially with Seattle entering next season too.

I think they will spread things back out and tweak the divisions going forward. But, across the league, fans and analysts alike have raved about the new mini series format.

I would bet they go to East/West Conferences with 2 divisions each. With 8 games (multiple series) against each team in your division, 2 each (home & away) against the other teams in your conference and a handful of out of conference games gives you a 75-80 game season. 

Less games in the season lets you spread out your schedule to get more primetime national TV spots. 

• Pie 1