Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Has the trade for Sam Darnold changed your outlook on the 2021 season?


Recommended Posts

Pretty much the same.  I don't get exited or depressed until I see how they play early in the season regardless of who suits up for us.

Edited by Jon Snow
Link to post
Share on other sites

On the season? Not really - I'll discuss that after the Draft.

On the new GM and how he's going to work with Rhule? Absolutely - this is a downright sensible trade that COULD turn out to be an absolute steal for us. If it doesn't work out it's only a shrug-your-shoulders failure.

I was becoming very anxious that we were going to trade 3 first round picks and 2 key defensive starters for Watson. That's not how winning teams are built. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black. We should take one this year at 8. Not settle for the worst qb in the nfl!

You're the pot calling the kettle black .. Since Teddy didn't work this won't work so why even try..

Let's just sit all draft night and not read the room and hope we get a chance at the 5th best QB in this draft... 

Great idea . Reactive not proactive has also worked...lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You're the pot calling the kettle black .. Since Teddy didn't work this won't work so why even try..

Let's just sit all draft night and not read the room and hope we get a chance at the 5th best QB in this draft... 

Great idea . Reactive not proactive has also worked...lol

 

I'll tell you one thing, either Lance or Fields will be there at 8. You look back and ask yourself was the worst qb in the nfl (statistically) worth not taking the risk on a rookie? You are 100% rah rah club. I'm not buying.

Edited by Mr. Herbert
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Herbert said:

I'll tell you one thing, either Lanc or Fields will be there at 8. You look back and ask yourself was the worst qb in the nfl (statistically) worth not taking the risk on a rookie? You are 100% rah rah club. I'm not buying.

And I'm telling you that's not guaranteed at all now.. And waiting on it to happen is fuging stupid... You obviously don't see what's going on the last few weeks and don't  see the FO has been in conversation and can see that the landscape isn't going there way... And even if Field or Lance drop that still is the same ? mark at QB.. So you're either waiting to take the same risk or taking the risk now while adding a 1st round talent at another needed position... 

I like this plan better..

Moving on now.. have a nice day..

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're a playoff team now. Pretty damn exciting. 

Keep in mind I'm confident Fitterer knows more about football than me so going contrarian to this forum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always more excited in April being a new year. I hope Darnold is awesome and we draft some pieces like a great TE and a legitimate left tackle and a corner who can press. We will have plenty of time to see how they do with will tell us a lot about how good our coaches really are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And I'm telling you that's not guaranteed at all now.. And waiting on it to happen is fuging stupid... You obviously don't see what's going on the last few weeks and don't  see the FO has been in conversation and can see that the landscape isn't going there way... And even if Field or Lance drop that still is the same ? mark at QB.. So you're either waiting to take the same risk or taking the risk now while adding a 1st round talent at another needed position... 

I like this plan better..

Moving on now.. have a nice day..

I only read about it 14 hours per day. That's why I'm saying that one will be there .I  Just hope were both wrong and take Fields at 8!  Seems like a far cry now but dont believe everything that's said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

I only read about it 14 hours per day. That's why I'm saying that one will be there .I  Just hope were both wrong and take Fields at 8!  Seems like a far cry now but dont believe everything that's said.

I don’t know what the fug you’re reading but it doesn’t seem to be helping you read the landscape correctly.. Sorry for you..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Not sure I’m that excited but definitely way more interested without Teddy. I am glad we didn’t sell the farm too. After dropping to 8 and killing my rebuild dream, this is better and at least interesting. 

I agree, but I don't see why "dropping to 8" would kill your dream of rebuilding. We are rebuilding no matter where we fall in the draft order. We made some fairly promising acquisitions on defense during the second part of free agency which will hopefully turn into longer term deals. Reddick, Fox and Perryman (with the IF-he-can-stay-healthy qualifier) were nice values and prospects for a rebuild. I'd say that--on paper and in a vacuum--they may even look better than the Darnold acquisition. I don't think that we're necessarily done in free agency either. Malik Hooker might be a nice get. There are others. And of course, the draft is the main tool to rebuild (and not just with a top 5 pick or even a first round pick). There are plenty enough of franchise players that were always going to be available at 8, and we're going to get one!

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don’t know what the fug you’re reading but it doesn’t seem to be helping you read the landscape correctly.. Sorry for you..

Most Mocks now have one or the other if not both falling to us. Seen anything on Mac to SF. You are proving yourself dense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, travisura said:

Sounds like you need to skip to another fanbase lmao you are so negative.

hes just the fourm clown and a negative one at that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...