• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams looking to trade up for quarterbacks

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah even if fields slips I'm ok trading down. A team would trade a whole bunch to get fields. 

I can't agree with this. I would take Fields in a heartbeat. I can understand trading down(not agree, but understand) if the FO isn't sold on Fields. 

Any "QB available" trade down needs to be for a haul, though. 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I don't think he is exactly a "can't miss" prospect. I think he is an ULTRA high ceiling and relatively moderate floor guy. Hard to envision him not being a successful OL in the NFL, but does he develop into an elite LT? The attributes are bananas. 

He has man handled guys that were elite. He's about as a no brainer as Lawrence is. 

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Of course its different, but we don't know what Fitts is thinking or gonna. Even trading back to the  middle teens is to far for us. Were gonna have to wait and see. 

I honestly think this is one of the least sure top 10 picks we have ever had. I cannot recall a previous top 10 pick we have had where the order uncertainty was this high 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I can't agree with this. I would take Fields in a heartbeat. I can understand trading down(not agree, but understand) if the FO isn't sold on Fields. 

Any "QB available" trade down needs to be for a haul, though. 

I like Fields but if you believe Darnold is your QB then you build around him the next few years and will need picks for that. I honestly don't think Fields will slip to 8 though. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

He has man handled guys that were elite. He's about as a no brainer as Lawrence is. 

I don't personally rate him that way. I think he still has a bust factor that had to be calculated. Obviously, I would be FLOORED to take him. 

After the top 4 QB's, definitely my favorite prospect.

Just now, Snake said:

I like Fields but if you believe Darnold is your QB then you build around him the next few years and will need picks for that. I honestly don't think Fields will slip to 8 though. 

I sincerely hope they aren't sold on Darnold but that is because I don't buy into him as being more than a journeyman backup. 

I don't think Fields will slip either. I think the best candidates to have an "Aaron Rodgers" moment are Lance and Jones. They feel like the most polarizing of the first round potential QB's.

I don't personally rate him that way. I think he still has a bust factor that had to be calculated. Obviously, I would be FLOORED to take him. 

After the top 4 QB's, definitely my favorite prospect.

The only reason he's being questioned is because he skipped a botched season. It was just a fluke of a year. Other then that hes the best OT by far. 

I sincerely hope they aren't sold on Darnold but that is because I don't buy into him as being more than a journeyman backup. 

I don't think Fields will slip either. I think the best candidates to have an "Aaron Rodgers" moment are Lance and Jones. They feel like the most polarizing of the first round potential QB's.

I'm just saying they gave up more for Darnold than a 1st this year. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In what many are saying is one of the best OL drafts in a long time, we're in a prime position to get an elite left tackle prospect that could anchor that spot for the next ten years.

If we come away without that, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

Agreed. We've been desperately needing a Jordan Gross since he retired. It's just been a revolving door at LT and we all saw what happened to the Chiefs OL when both their starting tackles were out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

The only reason he's being questioned is because he skipped a botched season. It was just a fluke of a year. Other then that hes the best OT by far. 

Oh, I don't care even remotely about those questions. That is such a fuging BS criticism of him, IMO. But he isn't a flawless prospect, to me. He still needs to develop and get stronger at the NFL level.

I would say he is the best LT prospect in a few years, to me.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In what many are saying is one of the best OL drafts in a long time, we're in a prime position to get an elite left tackle prospect that could anchor that spot for the next ten years.

If we come away without that, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

I think there is one elite LT in this draft (Sewell) if we take him I’ll be thrilled. Not fully sold on Slater, but won’t be upset with him...

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm just saying they gave up more for Darnold than a 1st this year. 

Yeah, I personally don't believe in him so I hope they aren't going all in on him. If one of the top 4 QB's slips and we do pass on them, I am gonna be on them like a pitbull if that move fails.

Absolutely nothing about Darnold says we shouldn't have a solid plan B, IMO.

9 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

Agreed. We've been desperately needing a Jordan Gross since he retired. It's just been a revolving door at LT and we all saw what happened to the Chiefs OL when both their starting tackles were out.

Even worse than our neglect of the LT position since Gross has been the overall neglect of the OL for the past 3-4 seasons. 

We have to get serious about building an NFL caliber OL.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1