• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely trading back in the first

Zod

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Read what I actually typed. Refute it if you like, but you're basically answering an actual reasoned, spelled out response with homerism emotion.

Not even close.

I'm answering your suggestion that you absolutely know how things are going to play out with the truth that neither of us does.

Also pointing out that your belief the team views Darnold a certain way has very little basis in fact.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not even close.

I'm answering your suggestion that you absolutely know how things are going to play out with the truth that neither of us does.

Also pointing out that your belief the team views Darnold a certain way has very little basis in fact.

Where have I said anything absolute? You're arguing against something you've only imagined.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

"Unless they're idiots, they must also know he's a long shot", i.e. "If they don't agree with my take on him, they must be idiots."

Historically speaking, that's accurate. Bust reclamation projects usually don't work out. Long shot doesn't mean that he absolutely won't work out, it just means it's unlikely. It is.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, jayflip said:

Dark mode and embedded texts leaves so much to the imagination. 

34E92F0B-F1D0-4EF9-BFD0-AF8DA4A1BEAF.jpeg

Are you using FireFox? I have a forum (same software) that has the same issue on FireFox only. If so, this is the fix that worked for members.

You would need to disable Enhanced Tracking Protection. If not using Firefox, I don't know what it could be 😞

Screenshot_20210330-190112_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Historically speaking, that's accurate. Bust reclamation projects usually don't work out. Long shot doesn't mean that he absolutely won't work out, it just means it's unlikely. It is.

Edge rushers from Florida State frequently don't work out either, but we took one.

They think it's likely enough to give it a shot.

And no, it's not a last resort. They chose this. It not being what you or I would have done doesn't necessarily doom it to failure.

Edited by Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not a huge investment, but it's not exactly a small investment either.

What people seem unable to wrap their heads around is that the team's braintrust chose this path. It wasn't forced on them and nobody came out of it thinking "well, I guess we didn't have any other options".

I'm amazed at how many people really don't seem to get that the team doesn't necessarily look at their players the same way the fans do.

Did they choose this path or was it actually forced on them? The Watson trade opportunity fell apart with the lawsuits. We swung and missed on Stafford. We reportedly at least had a conversation with SF about #3. Personally I think it's likely that we at least casually asked the Jets about #2 until they chuckled and suggested we talk about Darnold instead.

The Teddy bridge was burned with all the shade we threw his way. Rolling with Teddy wasn't an option. It would've sent an awful message to the locker room. At best, Darnold was our #4 option this off-season behind Watson, Stafford, and trading up in the draft. Put the pieces together and it is what it is. The best bad option available.

• Pie 2

This team was desperate to move on from Teddy which I think we can all agree on. We were all in on Watson, tried for Stafford, and reached out for Russ (just a guess here). After all of this we were hesitant about giving up a future 2nd for Darnold. From the outside I don’t see that as being sure or incredibly high on him. I know they are going to make it seem like he is there guy because that’s smart on the team’s part. I think it was a little desperation after striking out on a few different option. Just my opinion though...

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did they choose this path or was it actually forced on them? The Watson trade opportunity fell apart with the lawsuits. We swung and missed on Stafford. We reportedly at least had a conversation with SF about #3. Personally I think it's likely that we at least casually asked the Jets about #2 until they chuckled and suggested we talk about Darnold instead.

The Teddy bridge was burned with all the shade we threw his way. Rolling with Teddy wasn't an option. It would've sent an awful message to the locker room. At best, Darnold was our #4 option this off-season behind Watson, Stafford, and trading up in the draft. Put the pieces together and it is what it is. The best bad option available.

Just posted something very similar. We were hesitant about giving up what little capital we did for him tells me we see the risk that comes with him.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Edge rushers from Florida State frequently don't work out either, but we took one.

They think it's likely enough to give it a shot.

And no, it's not a last resort. They chose this. It not being what you or I would have done doesn't necessarily doom it to failure.

I wonder what our next option was if someone else got Darnold?

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We didn't ask the Jets about number two. In fact, nobody did.

I've read the stories about how the conversations actually went. From your responses, it doesn't sound like you have.

I'd suggest you should.