• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to hope for

MHS831

Because so many look to me for support---spiritual, emotional, lumbar, and child---I decided to start a thread to give us things to hope for--and why.  No charge. 

Please add to this list

For example:

HOPE FOR

Denver to not draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2.....Because if they do not, they will trade for Teddy.

San Francisco to draft Mac Jones......Because if they do, that leaves 2 of the top QBs left with only 5 picks remaining.  Teams will trade up with Miami and Detroit for those QBs--or the Panthers.  If they trade with Miami and Detroit, then that means Sewell, Chase, Pitts--the best 3 non qbs--will be there at #8, and we have trade value or a damn good player.

Atlanta to not draft a QB.....Pitts is getting a lot of attention here. as is Lance/Fields and Sewell.  They do not need a QB.  They are looking to move Jones (rumor) so if that is true, could a WR or Pitts be the ticket? 

Cincinnati to draft LSU WR Chase.....It means that Sewell is still in play, 2 picks away.

Detroit to draft a WR and not trade the pick....The Lions need 2--maybe 3 WRs.  Their second biggest need is a RT, and there are no RTs at #7.  Their best move?  Trade back and grab a RT and WR later.  Expect a trade, but if not, Waddle or Chase will be the pick.  Still, I am about 70% sure this pick gets dealt.

Carolina finds a partner to move back....Of course you have to take Sewell, but he might be the only player we grab.  If Slater is there, maybe.  Yet Carolina may play the deep T odds and move back with the LAChargers for Slater, grab Horn and a T later.   While I really want a solid LT, I worry that we think we have addressed it well enough to skip T on day one and go after a top CB.  As much as it hurts, it could be the smartest move, especially if a QB is there to help raise the rent for #8. 

Sewell falls to Carolina.....The best LT in years falls in our laps?  No brainer.  If he is not there and a big trade offer is on the phone, perhaps another no brainer.

Please add to this as you think of them

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

pushes pitts down and pushes sewell down

ATL goes qb.  Cincy goes Pitts.  Fins = Chase.  I would either roll the dice with Det picking or flip picks for a 3rd.  If not get Slater.  Boom.  The line is automatically upgraded. 

I see that.  Cincy  going with Pitts with Sewell and Chase on the board? 

Just now, MHS831 said:

I see that.  Cincy  going with Pitts with Sewell and Chase on the board? 

Pitts is the proverbial unicorn.  I heard an anyalyst today (or was it yesterday?) say he will have more of an impact than randy moss did for minny.   There is just no way to guard him.  I cannot see Cincy drafting PS over him since they have Reiff and Williams. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I hope Farley makes it to our range in round 2.  He is the best CB in the draft without the back concerns but damn, if he is healthy he is an amazing talent.

I echo this. I normally want to avoid injury-risk players in the first two rounds, but Farley is different.....

Plus if hes there and they pass, I fully understand. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pitts is the proverbial unicorn.  I heard an anyalyst today (or was it yesterday?) say he will have more of an impact than randy moss did for minny.   There is just no way to guard him.  I cannot see Cincy drafting PS over him since they have Reiff and Williams. 

I think Pitts is the most interesting player in the draft.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

pushes pitts down and pushes sewell down

ATL goes qb.  Cincy goes Pitts.  Fins = Chase.  I would either roll the dice with Det picking or flip picks for a 3rd.  If not get Slater.  Boom.  The line is automatically upgraded. 

They've also already got an excellent QB on the roster that they can't move on from for two years.

I'd love them to go QB.

• Pie 1