• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All aboard the Tommy Tremble bandwagon

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That guy is such a disappointment. I was really happy when we drafted him. I thought he had the potential to be the best TE in that draft class. Then he showed promising potential as a rookie. It was all downhill from there. He's gotten worse every year since then. I don't know what the issue there is, but it's disappointing. 

I got crap last year for calling him a JAG. Everyone was on his hype train. He just hadn't done anything to give me the impression he was going to be great. 

Tommy, I get better vibes from just watching the film. He's a more fluid athlete than Thomas and looks like an S tier blocker. Hopefully he's built from the same mold as Kittle and will start off as a great blocker and hone his receiving abilities as the years progress. 

The real question is will our offense ever actually utilize a TE?

On 5/2/2021 at 4:27 AM, kungfoodude said:

That is gonna have to improve because we have a QB that is far, far less comfortable with pressure in his face than Teddy was.

Can't agree with that, at all.  Teddy was way too quick to take the safe throw -- it was exactly the pressure in his face that caused his risk-averse tendencies to show up.  He wasn't "comfortable" so much as skeered.  Darnold, on the other hand, can be seen many times extending plays with his feet, 'til somebody downfield got open.

9 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Can't agree with that, at all.  Teddy was way too quick to take the safe throw -- it was exactly the pressure in his face that caused his risk-averse tendencies to show up.  He wasn't "comfortable" so much as skeered.  Darnold, on the other hand, can be seen many times extending plays with his feet, 'til somebody downfield got open.

Yeah, and he was often seen turning the ball over to the opposing team at a far, far higher rate than Teddy ever has in his career.

That's the concern.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, and he was often seen turning the ball over to the opposing team at a far, far higher rate than Teddy ever has in his career.

That's the concern.

Oh, I understand the concern that you, and others, have. 

Yet -- for myself -- I'd rather go for the extra wins that risk-taking can provide (especially with the large number of skilled play-makers on the Panthers team, as opposed to that of the Jets) -- over the risk-averse close-but-no-cigar record we suffered under the high %, low results we got from Bridgewater.

But then, it may just be that I'm a gambler, and enjoy risks.  In this case, I rely on Rhule and Brady to manage those risks, and am optimistic that Darnold can harness his talents to achieve the desired results.

We shall see.  What makes sports so enjoyable, and addicting, is the excitement of the unknown.

6 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Oh, I understand the concern that you, and others, have. 

Yet -- for myself -- I'd rather go for the extra wins that risk-taking can provide (especially with the large number of skilled play-makers on the Panthers team, as opposed to that of the Jets) -- over the risk-averse close-but-no-cigar record we suffered under the high %, low results we got from Bridgewater.

But then, it may just be that I'm a gambler, and enjoy risks.  In this case, I rely on Rhule and Brady to manage those risks, and am optimistic that Darnold can harness his talents to achieve the desired results.

We shall see.  What makes sports so enjoyable, and addicting, is the excitement of the unknown.

Gunslingers are fun if they are more good than bad. To date, Darnold has been more bad than good.

As you said, it's all an unknown at this point. So we will see in a few months