• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer: We want Sam Darnold to just flush what's happened

NAS

48 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Oh me. Ginn wasn’t a part of the team until 2013. Cams 3rd. And had started 3 games in 3 years for a 49er team desperately needing WR. Hixon caught 7 passes. As a Panther. Total. Olsen just got traded for a 3rd. Far from his prime. 

2013 roster, not Cam’s rookie year. Lol yeah my bad on that one. Which brings Greg to his prime and gives the Panthers Ginn and Smith. Regardless it’s not hard to look better than Perriman, 2nd round rookie Mims, and Crowder????

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

2013 roster, not Cam’s rookie year. Lol yeah my bad on that one. Which brings Greg to his prime and gives the Panthers Ginn and Smith. Regardless it’s not hard to look better than Perriman, 2nd round rookie Mims, and Crowder????

It is the only team that will put you on the field is the Panthers. Ginn not only didn’t play before getting here, he chased the money to ARI, and produced less than a catch a game. Then 2015, a QB won MVP with that same player as his WR1. Add in a rookie Funchess, the slowest WR in the NFL, and an UDFA. I’ll take that Jets group over most of Cams groups. The Panthers played in a playoff game with a 60% Funchess and 4 PS WRs. 

22 minutes ago, Toomers said:

It is the only team that will put you on the field is the Panthers. Ginn not only didn’t play before getting here, he chased the money to ARI, and produced less than a catch a game. Then 2015, a QB won MVP with that same player as his WR1. Add in a rookie Funchess, the slowest WR in the NFL, and an UDFA. I’ll take that Jets group over most of Cams groups. The Panthers played in a playoff game with a 60% Funchess and 4 PS WRs. 

I already did the 2018 with Moore, Samuel, Olsen, Funchess, Byrd, CMC...  I get we didn’t give Cam weapons that often but this Jets team he is high on had Mims as his 3rd. Mims had 350 yards and 0 TDs, Crowder 699 yards 6 TDs, and Perriman 505 yards and 3 TDs. Olsen alone makes most groups better....

33 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I already did the 2018 with Moore, Samuel, Olsen, Funchess, Byrd, CMC...  I get we didn’t give Cam weapons that often but this Jets team he is high on had Mims as his 3rd. Mims had 350 yards and 0 TDs, Crowder 699 yards 6 TDs, and Perriman 505 yards and 3 TDs. Olsen alone makes most groups better....

Good for you. What does the 2018 WR group have anything to do with a playoff appearance? Olsen had 291 yds that year. Does that mean he wasn’t as good as Mims? Is it stats? 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Good for you. What does the 2018 WR group have anything to do with a playoff appearance? Olsen had 291 yds that year. Does that mean he wasn’t as good as Mims? Is it stats? 

Yeah he got hurt but was on the team to be a weapon for Cam.  Care to read off the other receivers stats or does that not go well with your cherry picking? Mims has never had a NFL TD and that’s the 3rd option lol. What a stupid debate this is.

Playoff appearances? What are you talking about? You jumped in the middle of a debate where the other person stated the Jets had better talent around Darnold than we ever ever gave Cam. I gave examples of Cam having better options. The Jets were a joke and didn’t give Darnold a line or legit weapons. It’s why the Kiper, McAfee, Schein, McShay and any other analyst is at least curious to see what Darnold can do with an actual coach and weapons around him. I’m not sitting here and saying Darnold will be good, but I’m also not going to say that situation he was in was any decent indication of how good of a player he is.

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he got hurt but was on the team to be a weapon for Cam.  Care to read off the other receivers stats or does that not go well with your cherry picking? Mims has never had a NFL TD and that’s the 3rd option lol. What a stupid debate this is.

Playoff appearances? What are you talking about? You jumped in the middle of a debate where the other person stated the Jets had better talent around Darnold than we ever ever gave Cam. I gave examples of Cam having better options. The Jets were a joke and didn’t give Darnold a line or legit weapons. It’s why the Kiper, McAfee, Schein, McShay and any other analyst is at least curious to see what Darnold can do with an actual coach and weapons around him. I’m not sitting here and saying Darnold will be good, but I’m also not going to say that situation he was in was any decent indication of how good of a player he is.

That’s why I asked. But it seems to have changed now. And why no mention of Smith, Funchess being a colossal failure. And starting many of these games. Samuel played 4-5 games with Cam. Perriman had a better year with Jamies. Crowder was the same player he always has been. Mims has a half an injury filled season. But we can’t afford him the same luxury of squinting into focus how he will be something he’s never been. And the 2017 was a playoff team with Funchess(hurt) and 4 PS WRs. Yet you brought up 2018 and specifically said you already covered it and why do that if you weren’t confused on years. Or did you forget that already. 

And you have been shown there were years that they didn’t. All while you’re making up rosters for the wrong years and leaving out anything that does further the fantasy. 

Its like comparing Apples to Oranges no matter what. (Darnolds Jets v Cam's Panthers). We will get to see the only comparison of the two that matters this Year when the Panthers face the Jets (If they both are still healthy and starting by that point). For the record I hope Cam wins every game he plays this year but that one (and maybe the second meeting if both clubs make the Super Bowl).

Long Shot GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Michael G

36 minutes ago, Toomers said:

That’s why I asked. But it seems to have changed now. And why no mention of Smith, Funchess being a colossal failure. And starting many of these games. Samuel played 4-5 games with Cam. Perriman had a better year with Jamies. Crowder was the same player he always has been. Mims has a half an injury filled season. But we can’t afford him the same luxury of squinting into focus how he will be something he’s never been. And the 2017 was a playoff team with Funchess(hurt) and 4 PS WRs. Yet you brought up 2018 and specifically said you already covered it and why do that if you weren’t confused on years. Or did you forget that already. 

And you have been shown there were years that they didn’t. All while you’re making up rosters for the wrong years and leaving out anything that does further the fantasy. 

I’m so confused about what you are arguing? So you think the Jets surround Darnold with better players and coaches/staff than Cam had any year? That was my debate. He stated that and I gave two years 2013 and 2018 where the talent was far greater than Mims, Crowder, and Perriman. Hell even in the 2015 year Ginn had more yards/TDs than any Jets WR, Olsen had over 1000 yards and Cotchery, Brown, and Funchess each had more yards than Mims. Anyway go find an analyst/writer/anyone who thinks Darnold had good talent and coaches around him. My whole point before you barged in was he never had a fair chance with those coaches and that team around him.

40 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Its like comparing Apples to Oranges no matter what. (Darnolds Jets v Cam's Panthers). We will get to see the only comparison of the two that matters this Year when the Panthers face the Jets (If they both are still healthy and starting by that point). For the record I hope Cam wins every game he plays this year but that one (and maybe the second meeting if both clubs make the Super Bowl).

Very much so.

Newton would be a poor fit to the kind of offense we're running now. Likewise, I wouldn't ask Sam Darnold to run the kind of plays we had for Newton before.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m so confused about what you are arguing? So you think the Jets surround Darnold with better players and coaches/staff than Cam had any year? That was my debate. He stated that and I gave two years 2013 and 2018 where the talent was far greater than Mims, Crowder, and Perriman. Hell even in the 2015 year Ginn had more yards/TDs than any Jets WR, Olsen had over 1000 yards and Cotchery, Brown, and Funchess each had more yards than Mims. Anyway go find an analyst/writer/anyone who thinks Darnold had good talent and coaches around him. My whole point before you barged in was he never had a fair chance with those coaches and that team around him.

No. And since I’ve cited specific seasons that should be obvious. You brought up Ginn(wrong by a couple) so I corrected it. Plus showed Ginn couldn’t play for another team. Yet he is a talent? A true WR1 who dropped 6 40+ yd TD passes in 2015 alone. And showed that just because a WR or TE puts up better stats doesn’t mean they are. Or Olsen would be considered worse than Mims? Right? 

Please explain how the 2014-15 WR group was better than the Jets. 

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No. And since I’ve cited specific seasons that should be obvious. You brought up Ginn(wrong by a couple) so I corrected it. Plus showed Ginn couldn’t play for another team. Yet he is a talent? A true WR1 who dropped 6 40+ yd TD passes in 2015 alone. And showed that just because a WR or TE puts up better stats doesn’t mean they are. Or Olsen would be considered worse than Mims? Right? 

The argument was ANY year we had Cam which is now proven to be wrong. However in 2014 Benjamin had over 1000 yards and 9 TDs (he was solid until his mom passed sadly) Olsen had over 1000 yards and 6 TDs, and Cotchery had over 500 yards beating out Mims and his 350.... That’s 2 more 1000 yard receivers than the Jets had. It’s not that we gave Cam a ton of weapons (we didn’t and his career got cut short before of his shitty offensive line), it’s that the Jets had no weapons AND a terrible coach for a young QB. I know it’s a matter of opinion, but it can easily be argued.

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

Are you trolling?

Because this is a real zinger of a take here.   

ANY WR group is better than the Jets. 

Hell...a High-School JV team was better than the Jets.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1