• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 5

Harbingers

"After dropping consecutive games in double overtime, the Carolina Hurricanes return home looking to regain their First Round series advantage against the Nashville Predators.

Game 5

(4) Nashville Predators vs. (1) Carolina Hurricanes

Series tied 2-2

Tuesday, May 25, 8 p.m.

Watch: Bally Sports South, Bally Sports app, CNBC

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

Numbers to Know

1: Games 3 and 4 marked the first time in franchise history that the Canes played multi-overtime postseason games. Game 4 surpassed Game 3 as the second-longest playoff game in franchise history.

13: McGinn's second goal of Game 4, scored 13 seconds into the third period, is the fastest goal from the start of a period in franchise postseason history.

3: Jaccob Slavin has missed the last three games with a lower-body injury, and his status remains a game-time decision for Game 5.

"I'm hopeful he'll try tomorrow," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said on Monday. "He'll tell us when he feels good.""

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/game-5-preview-nashville-predators-carolina-hurricanes/c-324970242

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/game-5-projected-lineup-nashville-predators-carolina-hurricanes/c-324989010

"Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Aho-Teravainen
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Foegele-Staal-Fast
Martinook-Lorentz-McGinn

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Bean-Hakanpaa

Goalies

Nedeljkovic
Mrazek

Injuries: Paquette (lower body)

Scratches: Bibeau, Gardiner, Geekie, Keane, Lajoie, McCormick, McKeown, Reimer, Ryan, Shore, Suzuki

Note: Lineup subject to change prior to opening faceoff."

• Flames 1

I'll start a GoFundMe account if that's what it takes to get Hamilton to play some fugging defense tonite and show us all why he should remain the head blue-liner on this team.

But, in the end, you know what? I'm good with Slavin, Pesce, Skjei, Hakanpaa. Bean needs some work and we can find another defenseman or 2 for the amount of money Dougie wants.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'll start a GoFundMe account if that's what it takes to get Hamilton to play some fugging defense tonite and show us all why he should remain the head blue-liner on this team.

But, in the end, you know what? I'm good with Slavin, Pesce, Skjei, Hakanpaa. Bean needs some work and we can find another defenseman or 2 for the amount of money Dougie wants.

He's worth maybe 3 right now. i agree id rather keep paa over him right now.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I'm as big of a Ned fan as there is but asking for 5 in a row with 2 being 2OT games is asking a lot. I know he'll give it everything but man, that's a lot to put on him. But I also don't trust Reims and not sure Petr is 100%. 

Rod trying to makeup the difference in games for Ned in the Vezina race...

Only thing I got. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I'm as big of a Ned fan as there is but asking for 5 in a row with 2 being 2OT games is asking a lot. I know he'll give it everything but man, that's a lot to put on him. But I also don't trust Reims and not sure Petr is 100%. 

I think Mraz would crush this series. But they want to give Ned the head to head vs. Saros.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

giphy.gif

From L to R: Hakanpaa, Dougie, Geekie

Bottom L: LaJoie

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 1