• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold?

SBBlue

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If there had been zero questions, he never would have left stop #1.

And in fact, there were major questions, especially about his shoulder. That's why only two teams really pursued him.

Health issues, and ability to play the game at the highest level issues, are completely different animals.

Brees had unequivocally proven he was capable of the latter before departing SD.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Health issues, and ability to play the game at the highest level issues, are completely different animals.

Brees had unequivocally proven he was capable of the latter before departing SD.

And again, if he had "unequivocally proven" anything, he wouldn't have been replaced and let go and more than two teams would have pursued him.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Brees didn't "only fail" and in fact was a Pro Bowl QB at his first stop -- there was zero questions that he'd be a success at stop #2. 

In Brees first 3 seasons he was completing less than 60% of his passes and had more int than TD, but continue with your revisionist history. 

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Nonsense. 

Literally everyone, including me, is pulling for Sam to be a smashing success and is eager to watch it play out -- literally one of the most compelling storylines across the entire league going into the season.  

Could've fooled me...

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

In Brees first 3 seasons he was completing less than 60% of his passes and had more int than TD, but continue with your revisionist history. 

61.3% completion rate.  If you need to be walked through a weighted-average calculation just say the word.

55-38 on the TD to INT count.

Talk about "revisionist history"...LOL.

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

61.3% completion rate.  If you need to be walked through a weighted-average calculation just say the word.

55-38 on the TD to INT count.

Talk about "revisionist history"...LOL.

I said his first 3 years, seriously keep up. 

Year 1: 55% completion 1 td 0 int

Year 2: 60% completion 17 td 16 int

Year 3: 57% completion 11 td 15 int

Total TD 29 total int 31 57% completion on average over the three years. 

My god it is there on the internet for anyone to see, try to troll better.

I guess if you use his first 3 good years, you can come up with those numbers you pulled out of your ass.

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

40 minutes ago, frankw said:

This Brees thing again? Honestly it isn't even fair to Sam Darnold. In 15 seasons with New Orleans after leaving San Diego he only dipped below 65% completion twice and even then that was at 63% and 64%. He is currently the all time completions leader.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/complete

I am once again not saying he is the next Drew Brees. I am pointing out that you cannot judge a guy for 3 seasons playing for one of the worst coaches in the league and with one of the weakest rosters. The jets franchise is awful, no way around it.

Not everyone comes into the league as an immediate all-pro, guys careers have different trajectories. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I said his first 3 years, seriously keep up. 

Year 1: 55% completion 1 td 0 int

Year 2: 60% completion 17 td 16 int

Year 3: 57% completion 11 td 15 int

Total TD 29 total int 31 57% completion on average over the three years. 

My god it is there on the internet for anyone to see, try to troll better.

I guess if you use his first 3 good years, you can come up with those numbers you pulled out of your ass.

He never started a game his rookie year and only ever played in 1...

...doesn't count -- and you know it. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

He never started a game his rookie year and only ever played in 1...

...doesn't count -- and you know it. 

How does it not count? I said his first three seasons. It started to click for him in year 4, before that he was ass and you know it. You may not realize it, but guys develop when they are in the league.

Do you think Rodgers would have been as good as he is if he was thrown into the fire his rookie season? 

Steve Young sucked in Tampa, Favre sucked in Atlanta.

Rich Gannon, Jim Plunkett, I'm sure there are others out there as well. 

Some guys come into the league and they are ready from day 1, some need to be coached up and have time to develop.

I have no idea if The Darnold will redeem himself or still suck, and neither do you. However I hope Darnold can put it together instead of just saying he will suck so you can fire up the " I told you guys!"

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

You can hope Darnold turns it around with using outliers like Brees and Young as your goto examples. Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Lets just throw him in the fuging trash before he ever plays a down for us.

I named much more than Brees and Young. They were only some examples.

Do I think Darnold will be half as good as either? Not likely, but it would be great if he is. 

Its a better outlook than "oh noes we did not draft a QB who was the 4th or 5th best in the draft" "woe is me we are not going to win like this"

If Darnold sucks like Teddy then he gets replaced.

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2

8 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Lets just throw him in the fuging trash before he ever plays a down for us.

I named much more than Brees and Young. They were only some examples.

Do I think Darnold will be half as good as either? Not likely, but it would be great if he is. 

Its a better outlook than "oh noes we did not draft a QB who was the 4th or 5th best in the draft" "woe is me we are not going to win like this"

If Darnold sucks like Teddy then he gets replaced.

Do you overreact with everything?