• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 6

Harbingers

1 hour ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I swear the people who are doom and glooming while down must not have paid much attention during the season because the Hurricanes displayed this weird talent for scoring multiple goals in a very short amount of time all season long.

I did but I also paid attention to us dump trucking Nashville all year, so I expected to continue that.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

lol

Refs gonna ref.

I always thought NHL refs were pretty good because a lot of them played the game at some point. They used to pretty much let guys play and weren't factors in the outcome of the games. But, much like MLB umps, they've decided they're just as important as the game and players and have progressively gotten worse in the last few years.

And the Carolina - Nashville series isn't the only one with some bad/missed calls- I've seen a few others recently.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Refs gonna ref.

I always thought NHL refs were pretty good because a lot of them played the game at some point. They used to pretty much let guys play and weren't factors in the outcome of the games. But, much like MLB umps, they've decided they're just as important as the game and players and have progressively gotten worse in the last few years.

And the Carolina - Nashville series isn't the only one with some bad/missed calls- I've seen a few others recently.

Yeah, it's fun to pretend like they hate the Canes. But, the truth is they are just bad league wide. I don't think it's a coincidence that the calls got way worse after review was instated. 

They don't like having their authority questioned and they will punish you for doing so. 

Maybe we need hot mics on all the refs, like body cams for cops... lol! 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I did but I also paid attention to us dump trucking Nashville all year, so I expected to continue that.

Only difference was they were allowed to bully us in the playoffs. That should not have been allowed.

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

Only difference was they were allowed to bully us in the playoffs. That should not have been allowed.

Nashville played the regular season with 502 PIM and 62 PIM in the playoffs.

Carolina played the regular season with 402 PIM and 74 PIM in the playoffs. Basically, over a 56-game season, Carolina had 50 fewer penalties than Nashville. But, come playoff time, Carolina was tagged with 8 more penalties over 6 games than Nashville. 

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

Yeah, it's fun to pretend like they hate the Canes. But, the truth is they are just bad league wide. I don't think it's a coincidence that the calls got way worse after review was instated. 

They don't like having their authority questioned and they will punish you for doing so. 

Maybe we need hot mics on all the refs, like body cams for cops... lol! 

Pretty much why the NFL installed booth reviews and only brought the best groups for playoffs.

• Beer 1