Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Central Division Finals Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning


Recommended Posts

On 6/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, Anybodyhome said:

They're coming back to earth. They only scored 3 goals last night.

😂

I'm a Canes/VGK fan (Grew up in NC but was living in Vegas when we got the Knights), so I follow both those teams. Colorado is the most talented team in the league, but they are beatable. Despite what many think, I loved the Lehner start in game one. No chance we were winning with a tired Fleury anyways after a tough series with Minnesota, and then going into high altitude with minimal rest. Punt game one to rest MAF, give yourself a chance to win in game two to steal one on the road (which they did, but lost on a bs call in OT despite outplaying the Avs), then take care of business at the home and go into a best of 3 with momentum. The VGK top line has outplayed the best line in the league in the last 3, and their top D pair has proven very troublesome for them as well. IMO Colorado has the most talent in the league, but they are being outcoached. That talent alone may be enough to carry them though🤷‍♂️. Still holding out a sliver of hope for a VGK/Canes final though 🙂 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm a Canes/VGK fan (Grew up in NC but was living in Vegas when we got the Knights), so I follow both those teams. Admittedly I am not as familiar with trade value in hockey as I am in basketball/football, but I was wondering what others thoughts were about a Lehner/Staal trade? Staal is 1m more per year and 3 years older, but Lehner has longer term. Who says no, and what would it take to make this work? VGK would have to make additional moves to resolve cap issues, but on the surface it would seem to solve issues for both teams. I love Chandler Stephenson as a complement to Stone/Pacioretty , but he is not a top line center caliber player on a cup contender, and Cody Glass hasn't really panned out as of yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, duke11693 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm a Canes/VGK fan (Grew up in NC but was living in Vegas when we got the Knights), so I follow both those teams. Admittedly I am not as familiar with trade value in hockey as I am in basketball/football, but I was wondering what others thoughts were about a Lehner/Staal trade? Staal is 1m more per year and 3 years older, but Lehner has longer term. Who says no, and what would it take to make this work? VGK would have to make additional moves to resolve cap issues, but on the surface it would seem to solve issues for both teams. I love Chandler Stephenson as a complement to Stone/Pacioretty , but he is not a top line center caliber player on a cup contender, and Cody Glass hasn't really panned out as of yet. 

Staal's value to this team goes way beyond what hockey skills he has. Let's face it, he's a very good hockey player, but how many guys in the league wearing the "C" are on their team's 3rd line? That "C" on his sweater may be more valuable to this team than his skill set. He's had some clutch goals this season, been outstanding on the PK and is one of the best face-off guys in the league. But, the most important part of his game, in my opinion, takes place off the ice in the locker room. Canes players would run through a brick wall for this guy.  

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Staal's value to this team goes way beyond what hockey skills he has. Let's face it, he's a very good hockey player, but how many guys in the league wearing the "C" are on their team's 3rd line? That "C" on his sweater may be more valuable to this team than his skill set. He's had some clutch goals this season, been outstanding on the PK and is one of the best face-off guys in the league. But, the most important part of his game, in my opinion, takes place off the ice in the locker room. Canes players would run through a brick wall for this guy.  

Our 3 captains are the heart and soul of this team. Slavs is the strong silent type who goes out and does their job everyday, quietly one of the best Dmen in the league. Martyman is the vocal leader, hyping guys up and keeping the energy high. And Staal is the grizzled vet who has been around there block and seen everything there is to see. He doesn't get rattled when we're down, he puts the team on his back and scores when we need it most. 

  • Beer 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Nino and Tro are warm up time decisions. Foegs is 50/50 according to Rod. 

We'll need everyone on deck to beat them.

I never thought I would say we are outmatched against an opponent we split with in the regular season. I hope they can at least give one more victory to the home fans before they exit.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whatev said:

Maybe the NHL will rethink the LTIR/Playoff time salary cap issues after this season.

Tampa Bay is playing with a $100M roster right now and beat the Canes, who are only playing with an $80M roster.

We basically played them straight up during the season when they were without Stamkos and Kucherov.

Here are your playoff salary rosters:

New York Islanders (Saints): $88M

Tampa Bay: $99M

Vegas: $82M

Habs: $82M

Boston: $81M

Avs: $82M

 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Tampa Bay is playing with a $100M roster right now and beat the Canes, who are only playing with an $80M roster.

We basically played them straight up during the season when they were without Stamkos and Kucherov.

Here are your playoff salary rosters:

New York Islanders (Saints): $88M

Tampa Bay: $99M

Vegas: $82M

Habs: $82M

Boston: $81M

Avs: $82M

 

It's bullcrap.  Should adjust the rules to apply to playoffs.  

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Tampa Bay is playing with a $100M roster right now and beat the Canes, who are only playing with an $80M roster.

We basically played them straight up during the season when they were without Stamkos and Kucherov.

Here are your playoff salary rosters:

New York Islanders (Saints): $88M

Tampa Bay: $99M

Vegas: $82M

Habs: $82M

Boston: $81M

Avs: $82M

 

They had Stamkos

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...