• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Le’Veon Bell on Jets offense under Gase

Ja  Rhule

There have been quite a few players, and even more analysts, who have taken their shots at Adam Gase. When it comes to who is to blame for losses and poor performances in football the QB is the face of every franchise and gets most of the praise and blame. It is the coaches, however, who make the choices that put QBs and the whole team in position to win or lose. I Think Sam definitely deserves some of the Blame (everyone on the Jets Team does), but Gase is the guy who brought in a staff and asked them the help the players execute game plans that didn't seem to put his players in position to win many games.

The nugget about the Jets that seemed to me to be the most indicative of his poor coaching would be the apparent criticism several jets players (A. Williamson, B. McDougald) gave about practices and how slow and bad practices were (players apparently did not practice hard or with enthusiasm). If players aren't putting in the work- and coaches aren't holding them high standards during practice that will be evident on Sunday.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I would have to disagree. The Browns are/were a historically dysfunctional franchise and I believe Hue still has the record for lowest winning percentage as head coach with more than one full season of experience. 3-36-1. Hard to beat that kind of futility. And I definitely remember those teams. The Gase Jets would probably beat them every time.

The other coaches listed were good at something (OC, DC).  Gase has never been good at anything.  That’s what I’m getting at.  He, himself, not his team or the org.  Just him.  He’s not good.  He’s objectively bad.  To me that makes him the worst.  I’ve said this was only my opinion a few times now.  Gase is the worstest ever, ever, ever. (Fingers in ears, lalalala)

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

The other coaches listed were good at something (OC, DC).  Gase has never been good at anything.  That’s what I’m getting at.  He, himself, not his team or the org.  Just him.  He’s not good.  He’s objectively bad.  To me that makes him the worst.  I’ve said this was only my opinion a few times now.  Gase is the worstest ever, ever, ever. (Fingers in ears, lalalala)

Lol. I don't think he was the worst in terms of overall results but, yes, he probably was the least worthy of even making that step up.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gase is basically what would've happened if Mike Shula would've gotten a head coaching gig.

tenor.gif?itemid=16170678

Every 1st play on O, run up the gut....no yards cloud of dust.   My children caught on.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

It's really, really hard to top Kiffin's Raiders stint or McDaniels' Broncos stint which was low key every bit as much of a trainwreck of dysfunction as Kiffin's Raiders trainwreck.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's really, really hard to top Kiffin's Raiders stint or McDaniels' Broncos stint which was low key every bit as much of a trainwreck of dysfunction as Kiffin's Raiders trainwreck.

One hit wonders.  Gase is the gift that keeps on breaking.  

(Is that how it goes?)

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think there's some colleges out there that would strongly disagree on that regarding Kiffin.

I agree.  I think he is the worst (NFL) Head coach.  I still have Bob Stoops above all other shitty football coaches. (I honestly don’t even know why he bothers me so much)

Oh no, NOW I remember!  It’s because they called him Big Game Bob and it was a worse misnomer than Riverboat Ron.  

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

There have been quite a few players, and even more analysts, who have taken their shots at Adam Gase. When it comes to who is to blame for losses and poor performances in football the QB is the face of every franchise and gets most of the praise and blame. It is the coaches, however, who make the choices that put QBs and the whole team in position to win or lose. I Think Sam definitely deserves some of the Blame (everyone on the Jets Team does), but Gase is the guy who brought in a staff and asked them the help the players execute game plans that didn't seem to put his players in position to win many games.

The nugget about the Jets that seemed to me to be the most indicative of his poor coaching would be the apparent criticism several jets players (A. Williamson, B. McDougald) gave about practices and how slow and bad practices were (players apparently did not practice hard or with enthusiasm). If players aren't putting in the work- and coaches aren't holding them high standards during practice that will be evident on Sunday.

So in other words, Bell was simply repeating a truth about Adam Gase (that he basically sucks as Head Coach).    

Strange how that observation deserved a Poo according to you, @kungfoodude🤨

Edited by glenwo2

11 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Exactly what I suggested held back the whole offense under Gase. Terrible scheme, no audibles and predictable play calling. Night and day different from what we have here.

Anybody remember the name of that other “bust” QB under Gase that found a better situation and then magically began to look like an NFL starting QB?  Did that happen?  Was that a dream I had?  He got better coaches, talent, and a running game.  Tammany Hill?  Fanny Thrill?  Tosser Pill?

Ah.. so close…

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Anybody remember the name of that other “bust” QB under Gase that found a better situation and then magically began to look like an NFL starting QB?  Did that happen?  Was that a dream I had?  He got better coaches, talent, and a running game.  Tammany Hill?  Fanny Thrill?  Tosser Pill?

Ah.. so close…

please let it happen again...please let it happen again.🙏

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

please let it happen again...please let it happen again.🙏

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I consulted the oracle….

spacer.png

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Sam does not perform well with this offense.  

Of course, the other key is the O-Line keeping him upright and him not running for his life like he did in NY.

We'll soon find out.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Sam does not perform well with this offense.  

Of course, the other key is the O-Line keeping him upright and him not running for his life like he did in NY.

We'll soon find out.

We were mediocre last year and barring injury, looks like mediocre again.  Moton is one of the better olineman in the league.   If Christensen starts anywhere, there will be rookie mistakes.

Rhule's interest in Tremble as  a blocking tightend/h-back has me wondering.  I bet Tremble stays in a good portion of the time for pass protection.  Rhule cannot be that excited about his catching.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1