• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My OTA Observations

Zod

22 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I like him more than S.A.M, once again the potential is there if you look at his XFL stats.

I'm on this train too. With S.A.M. coming in, seems like Robby wants out....I believe last year's Twitter feed explain how much he wasn't a fan of Darnold's

PJ Walker was good in the XFL because he was playing against 4th string NFL guys. What XFL player is lighting up the NFL? He was playing against competition that you see in the last NFL preseason game, guys that are going to be cut. 

Robby is on the last year of his deal and has no future with this team, nobody cares what he thinks. He is not a coach or GM. Robby will be out regardless of if he wants it or not.

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I'm on this train too. With S.A.M. coming in, seems like Robby wants out....I believe last year's Twitter feed explain how much he wasn't a fan of Darnold's

I seem to remember the familiarity/chemistry between Sam and Robbie being listed as a key-positive in support of the Darnold deal?

Does Robbie have some kind of beef with Sam?

33 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

PJ Walker was good in the XFL because he was playing against 4th string NFL guys. What XFL player is lighting up the NFL? He was playing against competition that you see in the last NFL preseason game, guys that are going to be cut. 

Robby is on the last year of his deal and has no future with this team, nobody cares what he thinks. He is not a coach or GM. Robby will be out regardless of if he wants it or not.

Put Darnold in the XFL, he'll be leading the league in ints, and I bet he loses a game, something PJ don't do.

Robby played good for us last year, and having him plus DJ, and Samuel gave us the best WR core we ever had. I'm just saying if he leaves, and it's because of S.A.M. how many stars, like DJ going want to stick around if S.A.M. continues to suck. All it takes is a couple more loses, I know Burns is tired of it, if the defense playing lights out, and Darnold throwing pick 6's left and right we might see someone on the defense asking to be traded also...

How many people in the locker room really believe in S.A.M, truly in their hearts.?

Now last year, that team played its heart out for PJ against the Lions(but I guess they're 4th stringers too)

Why do folks keep pushing this "Robbie is gone" narrative?

"We drafted his replacement" or "He is on the last year of his contract, he is gone" or "He is holding out" or my favorite "He doesn't want to be here because of Sam"

And now, thanks to @SizzleBuzzwe have. "Does Robbie have a beef with Sam".

You guys are the greatest. Maybe not HOF worthy, but right up there.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I seem to remember the familiarity/chemistry between Sam and Robbie being listed as a key-positive in support of the Darnold deal?

Does Robbie have some kind of beef with Sam?

Yeah, there's familiarity that's why Robby doesn't want to go down that road again.

As far as chemistry, Robbie been said Darnold miss plenty opportunities to hit him when he was open but they just couldn't connect. He did kinda backtrack once we traded for him, but do you really think he was going to bashed him after.He even stated his best chemistry came when Josh Mccrown was the QB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/03/panthers-robby-anderson-jets-quarterbacks-misses/amp/

Edited by CPsinceDay1

Just now, CPsinceDay1 said:

Yeah, there's familiarity that's why Robby doesn't want to go down that road again.

As far as chemistry, Robbie been said Darnold miss plenty opportunities to hit him when he was open but they just couldn't connect. He even stated his best chemistry came when Josh Mccrown was the QB.

Link, or you made this up.

And damm man. Pick a spelling, or call him RA. 

4 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Put Darnold in the XFL, he'll be leading the league in ints, and I bet he loses a game, something PJ don't do.

Robby played good for us last year, and having him plus DJ, and Samuel gave us the best WR core we ever had. I'm just saying if he leaves, and it's because of S.A.M. how many stars, like DJ going want to stick around if S.A.M. continues to suck. All it takes is a couple more loses, I know Burns is tired of it, if the defense playing lights out, and Darnold throwing pick 6's left and right we might see someone on the defense asking to be traded also...

How many people in the locker room really believe in S.A.M, truly in their hearts.?

Now last year, that team played its heart out for PJ against the Lions(but I guess they're 4th stringers too)

The defense played lights out vs the Lions. PJ saw limited action last season and had 1 td to 5 int while completing 57% of his passes with a 45.8 rating. 

Name one XFL guy who was good in the NFL last season.

If Darnold is not good we have another lost season, PJ is not saving it.  

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Why do folks keep pushing this "Robbie is gone" narrative?

"We drafted his replacement" or "He is on the last year of his contract, he is gone" or "He is holding out" or my favorite "He doesn't want to be here because of Sam"

You guys are the greatest. Maybe not HOF worthy, but right up there.

We did draft his replacement, we have much greater needs than extending Robby. He was probably looking for an extension this off-season and did not get it. Instead we drafted a WR that will more than likely take his place next season. 

IDK for sure, but that is what it seems like. 

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The defense played lights out vs the Lions. PJ saw limited action last season and had 1 td to 5 int while completing 57% of his passes with a 45.8 rating. 

Name one XFL guy who was good in the NFL last season.

If Darnold is not good we have another lost season, PJ is not saving it.  

Take away week 17, he was trying to hard in a lost cause. I was at that game, by time he came in the whole team gave up. We were down by 3 possessions but he kept trying to force a comeback, not realizing the whole WR group was ready to just go home and end the season without getting hurt. I saw plenty of WRs giving up on their routes. So yeah, he had a couple ints. But as a STARTER he's never LOST.

Name one time S.A.M. had a winning NFL season???...don't worry I'll wait..

Edited by CPsinceDay1

1 minute ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Take away week 17, he was trying to hard in a lost cause. I was at that game, by time he came in the whole team gave up. We were down by 3 possessions but he kept trying to force a comeback, not realizing the whole WR group was ready to just go home and end the season without getting hurt. I saw plenty of WRs giving up on their routes. So yeah, he had a couple ints. But as a STARTER he's never LOST.

Still waiting on that one guy from the XFL that was great in the NFL last season.  

PJ had 2 ints with 1 td vs the Lions. He was more exciting than Teddy, but he is not the answer. If the coaches thought he could start we never trade for Darnold.

If anyone in the league thought he was a starter then 5 QBs are not taken in the first round, somebody would have tried to acquire him from us for less than 1st round pick.

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We did draft his replacement, we have much greater needs than extending Robby. He was probably looking for an extension this off-season and did not get it. Instead we drafted a WR that will more than likely take his place next season. 

IDK for sure, but that is what it seems like. 

We drafted an athletic freak at WR. Not so sure he is a Robbie replacement. Brady often uses 3, 4, and even 5 WR sets. We are going to need Robbie to be successful at it.

No one got an extension this off season. Not sure why that makes Robbie expendable.

The wife would make a great Huddler. She too thinks just because she can think, it must be true.

• Flames 1

On 6/3/2021 at 8:39 AM, BurnNChinn said:

Wow we have no backup qb that’s not good at all. We have to go after someone right?

Honestly, I'd prefer we have no legitimate backup QB.

This team is not built to be competitive with a backup QB, if Darnold sucks and/or gets hurt, I'd rather we have a scrub in at QB who will cost us games and thus drive up our draft pick for next year to either draft a stud QB, or if Darnold is good and just misses some time due to injury, it gives us high picks each round to continue building out the roster

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Still waiting on that one guy from the XFL that was great in the NFL last season.  

PJ had 2 ints with 1 td vs the Lions. He was more exciting than Teddy, but he is not the answer. If the coaches thought he could start we never trade for Darnold.

If anyone in the league thought he was a starter then 5 QBs are not taken in the first round, somebody would have tried to acquire him from us for less than 1st round pick.

Still waiting to see a first round bust, reform too huh?