• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The USFL...

Mr. Scot

Just now, Captroop said:

I actually was rather enjoying the XFL this time around, and I think had it not been for the pandemic, it might have actually found its footing. I love the idea of Spring football, so I'm all in on it.

great minds, posted essentially same thought at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I actually was rather enjoying the XFL this time around, and I think had it not been for the pandemic, it might have actually found its footing. I love the idea of Spring football, so I'm all in on it.

I'm not sure the XFL could have survived long-term, primarily for one reason.

Vince McMahon is a colossal dickhead. That, plus he's starting to show signs of going down the same path as Jerry Richardson.

Can't help feeling that organization would have imploded eventually.

Hell, there's even talk now that he might sell the WWE.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not sure the XFL could have survived long-term, primarily for one reason.

Vince McMahon is a colossal dickhead. That, plus he's starting to show signs of going down the same path as Jerry Richardson.

Can't help feeling that organization would have imploded eventually.

Hell, there's even talk now that he might sell the WWE.

Yeah, 100% agree. Which is why I think USFL might actually survive. Less baggage.

But on the other hand, everyone loves a circus. And USFL just advertising themselves as a by-the-numbers Spring football league is gonna flop. XFL proved there's an appetite for a professional Spring football league. We're a content-hungry society, with a billion streaming services needed to slake our thirst for entertainment.

But, if they're going to get it off the ground, they'll need some sort of hook or gimmick. McMahon is a clown, but he garnered people's attention and eventually their interest. It wouldn't last because he'd be to involved, and eventually be too annoying. But he's the hype man you need to kick off a Spring league.

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

Yeah, 100% agree. Which is why I think USFL might actually survive. Less baggage.

But on the other hand, everyone loves a circus. And USFL just advertising themselves as a by-the-numbers Spring football league is gonna flop. XFL proved there's an appetite for a professional Spring football league. We're a content-hungry society, with a billion streaming services needed to slake our thirst for entertainment.

But, if they're going to get it off the ground, they'll need some sort of hook or gimmick. McMahon is a clown, but he garnered people's attention and eventually their interest. It wouldn't last because he'd be to involved, and eventually be too annoying. But he's the hype man you need to kick off a Spring league.

Maybe they'll hire Oliver Luck.

For me honestly, what might be the biggest deal will be the players.

If they get some legit guys that just weren't quite NFL ready or fell through the cracks, it could be a big boost.

Getting a big name coach or two probably wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1