• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold's QBR was higher than Tannehill's

SBBlue

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

All this because I used the word potential? We have a history of failed quarterbacks that isn't a contentious statement. Since the team was awarded a franchise only two stand out. Delhomme and Newton. That's a lot of failure in between for a franchise that has only been around since '95.

All that because you said there was a lengthy list of failed QBs with potential. That list proves there is not a lengthy list or a lot of potential. The QB situation here has always been more bad than good.

• Beer 2

Just now, jayboogieman said:

All that because you said there was a lengthy list of failed QBs with potential. That list proves there is not a lengthy list or a lot of potential. The QB situation here has always been more bad than good.

Now see, I don;t think that is totally true, Sure we have had our share of stinkers. But we've had 3 solid starters that take up the vast majority of or starts. Jake-7yrs, Cam-10yrs, Buerlein-5yrs.

So it is not all doom and gloom

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I listed every QB I can recall playing for the Panthers and asked how where was the potential that was not lived up to. Cam was one of the only QBs that can be said had potential that wasn't lived up to despite what success he had.

I think he lived up to his potential as best he could with what he was provided. He basically carried the offense for years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I think he lived up to his potential as best he could with what he was provided. He basically carried the offense for years.

Cam more than lived up to his potential. He just didn't last long enough to stay an elite player. He was more successful overall than a guy like Luck(in terms of ultimate accomplishments). Yet another #1 overall pick whose career was shortened by injuries and lack of quality OL.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Cam more than lived up to his potential. He just didn't last long enough to stay an elite player. He was more successful overall than a guy like Luck(in terms of ultimate accomplishments). Yet another #1 overall pick whose career was shortened by injuries and lack of quality OL.

Well Luck was crowned a HoF'er before he ever took a snap in the NFL. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Hey you're right I'm imperfect and could have worded a reasonable point a little better. Whatever is going on with your Monday night I hope it gets better my guy because from here it looks like you need some good vibes sent your way.

6 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

That's a fair assessment. Just show us improvement. I don't believe that is too much to ask.

I know some folks are thinking a run at the Playoffs, I'm not sure I would go that far just yet.

That said, if Sam goes off? The skies the limit. And that, I could dig.

Honestly I think we need another draft and FA to really have a shot. I mean in a perfect world everything works out and we make it but we are still pretty thin at OL and CB. Even after we spent two draft picks at CB. Darnald I feel will have his growing pains. I mean even Tom Brady had growing pains learning a new system. It won't be plug in play like Teddy was. Darnald will be in a entire different system.

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Panthers are closer than you think. 0-8 record in one score games in 2020. That will certainly change in 2021. Defense will be better.

Half those games go the Panthers way, the Panthers are 9-7 and a playoff team just last year. 

Perfect world yes. But we have to remember Darnald will be in a entirely new system and we are thin at OL and CB.

11 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Now see, I don;t think that is totally true, Sure we have had our share of stinkers. But we've had 3 solid starters that take up the vast majority of or starts. Jake-7yrs, Cam-10yrs, Buerlein-5yrs.

So it is not all doom and gloom

One winning season with Steve, three with Jake, and three with Cam. Despite individual records, that is more bad than good since QB is such a huge part of the NFL.

11 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I'll disagree. Cam had some really good years as a Panther, but he never really improved on things he needed to improve on. He always had a tough time throwing with touch, short passes, and setting his feet while here. Part of that is on him. The rest is on the Panthers for not helping him improve those things or providing a good Oline.

11 hours ago, frankw said:

Hey you're right I'm imperfect and could have worded a reasonable point a little better. Whatever is going on with your Monday night I hope it gets better my guy because from here it looks like you need some good vibes sent your way.

My Monday night was fine. My new book is out and doing reasonably well so far.