• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC being CMC

Icege

12 hours ago, frankw said:

Remember it was a rebuild until it wasn't when we paid a backup quarterback 30 million dollars for one year of service.

And we lost our best pass rusher, Luke, Cam, and Bradberry while signing a new coach with one of the youngest rosters in the league in which the owner/staff is telling us fans it’s a 6 year process. Yet here you are upset we had a losing season in year one….

13 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

frank has inferiority issues

I'm relieved for you that you finally put that wet blanket insult on the shelf. You were beginning to repeat yourself.

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

And we lost our best pass rusher, Luke, Cam, and Bradberry while signing a new coach with one of the youngest rosters in the league in which the owner/staff is telling us fans it’s a 6 year process. Yet here you are upset we had a losing season in year one….

Well we didn't exactly "lose" Bradberry we never pursued bringing him back. I'm happy to have Jaycee but you could play the what if game. We also threw an entire draft at the defense in '20. Carolina still hasn't invested big enough in this offensive line though. Once again we are holding our breath hoping for the best.

34 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

if it's a 6 year process and we aren't drafting a QB to groom.....we really shouldn't have CMC.   It makes him a wasted resource.  He is a win now player with a limited shelf life.  

so I would say there are mixed signals.  And it doesn't take 6 years IMO to build a winner in today's NFL.  

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

You were beginning to repeat yourself.

Seriously?  From you?  You're a broken record about us losing and how our oline sucks.

Carolina still hasn't invested big enough in this offensive line though. Once again we are holding our breath hoping for the best.

Oh there it is again.  Being that old broken record wet blanket on the oline.

Tell, me exactly what your problem with BC is.

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Seriously?  From you?  You're a broken record about us losing and how our oline sucks.

Oh there it is again.  Being that old broken record wet blanket on the oline.

Tell, me exactly what your problem with BC is.

I haven't replied to you since you called me a dumbass earlier I figured you would take the hint. I have no problem with Brady C from what I've heard he sounds like a great guy. The problem is waiting while other tackles went off the board ahead of us and now we can't decide if he will even be a tackle at all or a guard. That is what concerns me. The general indecisiveness around the line. Plus we still have the matter of working out a deal with TM. All around not good circumstances for Sam.

It has pretty much been the consensus that our OL has been weak.   That is what Rhule came into.  I mean, we haven't really invested a lot in our OL under Rhule.  That isn't an attack on BC by saying that.   I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't of drafted him.  I guess the argument is we should have invested more in the OL than just BC to date under Rhule. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I haven't replied to you since you called me a dumbass earlier I figured you would take the hint.

Read the thread.  You replied.  

I have no problem with Brady C from what I've heard he sounds like a great guy.

So why the bitching about the line?

The problem is waiting while other tackles went off the board ahead of us

That only matters if you can make the case that you know one is better than BC.  You just said you liked BC.   You must like someone else.  Who did you want instead? 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

It has pretty much been the consensus that our OL has been weak.   That is what Rhule came into.  I mean, we haven't really invested a lot in our OL under Rhule.  That isn't an attack on BC by saying that.   I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't of drafted him.  I guess the argument is we should have invested more in the OL than just BC to date under Rhule. 

We drafted 2 olilne man this year and brought in Moore who should have been drafted.

People like to complain about who we chose but never say who they wanted which make no sense.

"I really like that guy, but I loved all the guys taken before him."  is nonsensical, as if draft order is the only measure.

If you don't have someone that you thought we should have taken instead of BC, you're just bitching.

9 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We drafted 2 olilne man this year and brought in Moore who should have been drafted.

People like to complain about who we chose but never say who they wanted which make no sense.

"I really like that guy, but I loved all the guys taken before him."  is nonsensical, as if draft order is the only measure.

If you don't have someone that you thought we should have taken instead of BC, you're just bitching.

If we picked up a QB in the 6th round....would that really be investing in the QB position?   6th and 7th rounders aren't investments when you have glaring needs at some of the most important spots on a field.  They are late round fliers. 

and I actually liked the Cornbread pick.  But a 6th rounder is a 6th rounder.  That's not investing in your OL.  Doesn't mean you couldn't hit a lotto ticket.  But it is what it is. 

we have had 2 drafts under Rhule.  It would be easy to go redo two fantasy drafts and prioritize the OL.   My preference is QB, OL, and DL if building a team from the ground up.    

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

If we picked up a QB in the 6th round....would that really be investing in the QB position?   6th and 7th rounders aren't investments when you have glaring needs.  They are late round fliers. 

and I actually liked the Cornbread pick.  But a 6th rounder is a 6th rounder.  That's not investing in your OL.  Doesn't mean you couldn't hit a lotto ticket.  But it is what it is. 

So you rate drafted players based on draft position.  ok.

19 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Read the thread.  You replied.  

So why the bitching about the line?

That only matters if you can make the case that you know one is better than BC.  You just said you liked BC.   You must like someone else.  Who did you want instead? 

You perceive criticism and discussion as bitching but what else is there to talk about rn? O line has been and still is the biggest point of contention among fans beyond who will be our quarterback for the future. We have a young defense. We have some weapons. I wasn't thrilled with the risk of taking a tackle in the first but I feel it is a move that we need to make by next year.

Edited by frankw

38 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

So you rate drafted players based on draft position.  ok.

To some extent.   Absolutely.  The professionals confirm that too. 

But feel free to go find a DE, WR or whatever your preferred position would be from the 6th or 7th round of this past draft......and explain how they are actually the better player than someone that went in round 1 or 2.   

Joe Horn was a massive investment in our DB position.   Phil Hoskins does not represent a big team investment in the DT spot.   No shade intended to big Phil.