• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me how you are feeling about the Hornets now.

Zod

On 7/30/2021 at 12:05 PM, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Perhaps the biggest benefit of this draft is it sets us up with a lot of flexibility. Suddenly, we don’t need to panic about Monk/Rozier/Graham. We landed a lights out scorer who can play the 2 and we can move these guys in trades if we feel we can’t hang onto them etc. 

Grabbing Kai Jones was massive. Once Bouknight fell I knew he had to be the pick. He was just simply the best player on the board. But up until that point, I was all in on Jones just for his potential. He won’t make a big immediate impact but he could absolutely be out starting 4/5 in a couple of seasons. His size and athleticism is unreal. He is 6’11 but runs like a gazelle. He needs to add weight but can run the floor and jump out of the building. 

Imo, we landed two future starters in this draft with tons of potential. We added it to an already young and talented core. For the first time, it feels like MJ has a team Charlotte can be proud of for a long time.

Agree. If Kai develops, I could see him as a poor man's Giannis given the way he plays.

We’re the perfect situation for Kai. I’m not sure any other team would be down to commit to the project like we will. The potential of Ball with a pogo stick big man is just too good to pass up.

Bouknight seems excited too I think he’s just a lowkey dude

PG: Ball - ??? - ???
SG: Rozier - Bouknight - Martin1
SF: Hayward - Bridges - Martin2
PF: Washington - McDaniels - Thor
C : Plumlee - Kai - Vern - Richards

GREEN = good, BLUE = decent, YELLOW = unproven, GREY = low expectation

Weird thing from last year is we now have bodies to throw in the front court and see what sticks.. I am concerned with our backcourt right now.. I heard that the Graham S&T might still be massaged with NO and CHI and we could end up walking away with Coby White.. not sure, but we obviously need a backup PG.. even if we bring back Wanamaker on a vet min deal for our 3rd PG slot - it would calm me down..

I'm looking at Schroder, Monk, Reggie Jackson maybe even Elfred Payton or Ish Smith.. ugh

3 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Must be more about Monk we don't know about. Instant heat off the bench and best finisher on the team arguably, letting that go bc of a weed suspension when it's legal in half the states anyway is lame as hell. I'd prefer to have him and Bouknight. 

And by weed you mean cocaine.  And by closer you mean didn’t play defense in the least.  And by heat you mean immature as hell even after all he’s been through.  There’s a reason a dude that can drop 40 on any given night goes for almost nothing in a high spending free agent market geared towards shooters.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Chartley23 said:

And by weed you mean cocaine.  And by closer you mean didn’t play defense in the least.  And by heat you mean immature as hell even after all he’s been through.  There’s a reason a dude that can drop 40 on any given night goes for almost nothing in a high spending free agent market geared towards shooters.  

And on to the Lakers. He's ecstatic.

Stay away from the parties he'll be fine.