• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Are you really this dense? Or do you just expect me to roll over? If you keep quoting me, I am going to answer. It's not that hard. But I know you cannot let it go. That would be admitting defeat. You can't allow that. Your ego is too big.

LOL at self aware. I'm aware of what I'm doing. Are you? I am not too sure you do.

You've said repeatedly that you're done. Be done. I've never said I'm done because I'm having fun.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They have less cap space invested in him than we do in Darnold. We saw the Cardinals move on from the #10 overall pick after only one year just three years ago. The rookie wage scale changed this big time.

The first 24 rookie deals are fully guaranteed for the first two years. If you move on, you have that cost, plus having to find another QB. That is not cheap monetarily, or time wise.

If Fields fails. The Bears are out time, and money. And they have to start over.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You've said repeatedly that you're done. Be done. I've never said I'm done because I'm having fun.

If you were done. You'd quit quoting me. As you keep quoting me. I am more than happy to oblige. You have this over valued self image. It is no where near what the public sees. 

lol at you having fun. You are so emotional it's palpable.

Prove you are not emotionally investing in winning. By logging off for the night.

17 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I know you meant Darnold but you can say the same thing about Ohio State QBs if Fields is a stud he would also be an outlier 

yes, but I generally put the emphasis on who coached them in college instead of  the uniform.  Urban Meyer QBs never panned out in the NFL.   

23 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So what? If Fields flops, it will be years before the Bears can move on. 

But that’s not true.   Again, this isn’t the Bradford era.  Rookie deals don’t handicap you like years ago.  

Cardinals drafted Rosen in the top 10.  It was a bust.  Very next year got Murray in the top 5.   They moved on quick.  The way rookie deals are now you can do that.    And you can carry your bust as a backup long term project…and their cap hit isn’t brutal. 

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

The first 24 rookie deals are fully guaranteed for the first two years. If you move on, you have that cost, plus having to find another QB. That is not cheap monetarily, or time wise.

If Fields fails. The Bears are out time, and money. And they have to start over.

We're on the hook for roughly $24M on Darnold if he fails we are out time and money and we have to start over. 

The situations are very similar. We just have the advantage of also having a different 1st round pick but the disadvantages of not having a 2nd round pick, a 4th round pick, a 6th round pick, and $24M of cap space. We also forego the possibility of landing a legit QB and having him on the cheap for 4-5 years instead of 1-2. Honestly, the only way we win this IMO is if Darnold works out and Fields doesn't. If they both work out, I would've still rather have Fields on a fresh rookie contract because it's more years of cap flexibility vs. Darnold. History says Fields has the higher chance of working out. Yeah, there are plenty of 1st round busts but there are very few successful 1st round bust reclamation projects. We're getting big against the odds on this one.

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

If you were done. You'd quit quoting me. As you keep quoting me. I am more than happy to oblige. You have this over valued self image. It is no where near what the public sees. 

lol at you having fun. You are so emotional it's palpable.

Prove you are not emotionally investing in winning. By logging off for the night.

LOL! I already said I wasn't done. You're projecting again.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

But that’s not true.   Again, this isn’t the Bradford era.  Rookie deals don’t handicap you like years ago.  

Cardinals drafted Rosen in the top 10.  It was a bust.  Very next year got Murray in the top 5.   They moved on quick.  They way rookie deals are now you can do that.   

That is not the same situation as the Bears. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL! I already said I wasn't done. You're projecting again.

I've read your posts for years. I'm pretty sure you don't know the meaning of "Projecting".

Tell ya what Dr. Spin. You say something, and I'll pretend it made sense. How's that.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I've read your posts for years. I'm pretty sure you don't know the meaning of "Projecting".

Tell ya what Dr. Spin. You say something, and I'll pretend it made sense. How's that.

I don't think "sense" and you play well together.

Speaking purely of football, two people have pointed out the Rosen/Cardinals situation to you while you keep insisting that the Bears are married to Fields for years to come while you accuse others of being stuck only on their viewpoints.