• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule was trying to "hold" the lead today ?

JABANOG

4 hours ago, frankw said:

I'm much less concerned about holding a lead as I am about maximizing red zone opportunities and settling for field goals with an inconsistent kicker who is even struggling with PATs.

Quite frankly, frank, I'm not concerned what you think they should be working on. 

Go apply to be HC. I'll wait. 

4 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Our run blocking looked bad.  We were bad at it last year.  We ran more with Will.  Partially because we need to figure out our run game, and partially because we don't trust Greir.  When he got his shot on 2nd and 3rd downs, many times the ball was uncatchable.  Those passes have to be spot on, even with some pressure.

Probably because Martez Ivey was his LT and our DT was his Center. 

He went 6/10 and there were 2 drops. 

4 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

This....

That's exactly it.

Everything else is excuses...

PJ must have started making accounts on here.

He went 6/10 with two drops.

Walker went 10/21 with 2s on the O-Line and Marshall, Moore, and Tremble.

His touchdown was literally on accident. 

Calm down on the Will Grier hate, PJ,

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I'm not hating on Will, I just dislike the way people try to discredit PJ by trying to somehow say Will pulled the wrong straw....

What translates in practice carries over to the game, the proof is in the pudding.

Basically Darnold shouldn't have ne more problems with the 1s then PJ had with the 2s...

Here's the main difference....Will : I just ran what was called...

PJ: I dunno I was just having fun, I heard something on the headset, coach was yelling on the sidelines but I just KNEW I had to make a play, by getting it to my playmakers...

1 minute ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I'm not hating on Will, I just dislike the way people try to discredit PJ by trying to somehow say Will pulled the wrong straw....

What translates in practice carries over to the game, the proof is in the pudding.

Basically Darnold shouldn't have ne more problems with the 1s then PJ had with the 2s...

Here's the main difference....Will : I just ran what was called...

PJ: I dunno I was just having fun, I heard something on the headset, coach was yelling on the sidelines but I just KNEW I had to make a play, by getting it to my playmakers...

Alright so if the stats were reversed today you wouldn’t be trying to justify that PJ was taking snaps from a DT and playing with DIII athletes?

Honestly they are both garbage and we should have a true QB2. I want them both to be successful but we have a 3rd round pick in Grier and 3 years on the roster. 

If it comes to the two of them, I would rather Will be the guy since we have so much invested. But only if he is truly more talented, and we will only see that with them in same circumstances.

14 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Alright so if the stats were reversed today you wouldn’t be trying to justify that PJ was taking snaps from a DT and playing with DIII athletes?

Honestly they are both garbage and we should have a true QB2. I want them both to be successful but we have a 3rd round pick in Grier and 3 years on the roster. 

If it comes to the two of them, I would rather Will be the guy since we have so much invested. But only if he is truly more talented, and we will only see that with them in same circumstances.

Honestly, I didn't try to justify his poor decision when he almost threw a f...pick in the rz...I was just upset as anyone would've been if he had...but I said has he not learned from last year.? Well I let the game ride...and there's just I dunno it's contagious...like the game moving faster when he's in. 

Just because he (Will)was drafted 3rd round doesn't always give you a pass especially if said coach n gm who did are no longer here...but the coach here, believes in the QB he bought in so much more he placed him higher than you, and you still haven't proven him wrong...

But it was that little scrambled he did, it look funky like Teddy n slower motion funny.

Hopefully next week everyone plays better, the false starts didn't help, but even PJ turned a couple of those into first downs.

Sidenote: Darnold is a No.2 QB...just saying...but y'all hate to admit that

Edited by CPsinceDay1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Don't get me wrong he was trying to win.  But as you saw the 3rd string couldn't pull it off.   So you are saying that if the coach told the 3rd string to go out there and hold our lead that somehow is a bad thing? 

It looked to me the were focused more in the run sure.  So?  We need to find a backup and they sure as hell couldn't run between the tackles in the first half so you get run, run, run until they get it in the second half.

If I have to explain the simple stuff here you guys are never going to understand  the sh*t that's about to go down this season. 

You don't have to explain anything to me.  Been watching football since 1977, and I have never once heard a coach talk about icing the game early in the fourth qtr of a preseason game, especially with a one score lead.  Its unusual.  Probably means nothing as its preseason, and the majority of players that were in the game won't see the field much, if at all.  But most coaches, even the conservative ones like Fox and Rivera, want to see what the third string qb can do.  In fact, when Rivera was here, preseason fourth qtr was Joe Webb's time to shine.  

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

Probably because Martez Ivey was his LT and our DT was his Center. 

He went 6/10 and there were 2 drops. 

Ok you're cherry picking.

PJ        10/21   161 yards  89.6 Rating   on both TV and Panthers.com
Grier     6/10    31 yards  65.0 Rating    at Panthers.com
Grier     5/9     33 yards                         on the tv.

Not sure why Panthers.com had 1 more pass and 2 less yards. a0e7jjsuotyozwx4o33n.pdf (nfl.com)

Last I checked,  a pr of 89.6>65.0.  Pj was much better.

As for blaming the oline, PJ and Grier had the same center, except Tecklenburg was going up 2s for PJ and 3s, 4s for Greir.

Where are you getting your drop numbers from?  From what I saw, there were multiple inaccurate throws that recivers dove and leaped into the other just to try to touch.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You don't have to explain anything to me.  Been watching football since 1977, and I have never once heard a coach talk about icing the game early in the fourth qtr of a preseason game, especially with a one score lead.  Its unusual.  Probably means nothing as its preseason, and the majority of players that were in the game won't see the field much, if at all.  But most coaches, even the conservative ones like Fox and Rivera, want to see what the third string qb can do.  In fact, when Rivera was here, preseason fourth qtr was Joe Webb's time to shine.  

I think Rhule wanted to see if your QB went down, with a lead, could Grier n co. This wasn't just all on him(Will) but the team's overall reaction, Brady's Play calling, etc.. would they be able to hold a lead, could the defense prevent a comeback, if not where was our weak spots ....so I don't mind the ice the game approach...as pointed out by

19 minutes ago, RJK said:

For a team that lost 8 games by 1 score I’d say holding a lead should be a top priority to work on 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Are you someone from the Grier family?   You're cherry picking stats.  Why not mention Grier's 33 TOTAL yards?  Because they suck.  They make checkdown Teddy look like a deep bomb threat. 3.3 yards per attempt is ass.

Grier would have had more attempts if he would connect on 3rd down.

PJ's pr of  89.6 was much better than Grier's 65.0.  

PJ had 161 yards.  Grier had 33.  

We don't hate Grier, we hate his play, in particular his inaccurate 3rd down throws where receivers are leaping 4ft in the air just to get a finger tip on it or diving into the dirt to try to get a hand on it.

Grier is really good with trash cans.  I'll give you that.  But he has yet to show anything in a preseason or regular season game.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

They both were taking snaps from Tecklenberg except PJ was facing 2s.   You'll have to come up with a different excuse.

Honestly they are both garbage and we should have a true QB2.

At least you admit Grier is garbage.  I'm tired of watching him play.  Its painful to watch.  PJ isn't great, but he very clearly is far superior to Grier.

I want them both to be successful but we have a 3rd round pick in Grier and 3 years on the roster. 

Frankly, my dear, Grier-family-member, I don't give a damn what we've invested him.  We need to cut our losses.

Obviously.  If he shows next week, I hope we still cut him, because he's never looked good.  But I'm not worried.  Grier has been pretty consistently terrible.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Are you someone from the Grier family?   You're cherry picking stats.  Why not mention Grier's 33 TOTAL yards?  Because they suck.  They make checkdown Teddy look like a deep bomb threat. 3.3 yards per attempt is ass.

Grier would have had more attempts if he would connect on 3rd down.

PJ's pr of  89.6 was much better than Grier's 65.0.  

PJ had 161 yards.  Grier had 33.  

We don't hate Grier, we hate his play, in particular his inaccurate 3rd down throws where receivers are leaping 4ft in the air just to get a finger tip on it or diving into the dirt to try to get a hand on it.

Grier is really good with trash cans.  I'll give you that.  But he has yet to show anything in a preseason or regular season game.

aacMRx.gif

200.gif