• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st & 2nd Rd Draft Picks (2017-Present) - Pretty Cool

davos

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well.....we aren't exactly brimming with talent, so that may not be saying a lot.

We have had our fair share of draft picks that started a lot of games in their rookie seasons and didn't exactly stick around the team or NFL long. 

Not trying to poo on these guys in any way, just saying we might want to slow our roll on crowning them as successful without ever having played a down of NFL football.

I think this is fair for 2021 and even some of 2020.

But man, Chinn just seems totally nutty, and D Brown needs to regress hard to be anything lower than a consistent starter.  IMO if those two bust it's even worse because of how damn good they looked.

YGM is still an unknown but showed potential.... 

15 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Image if Herniay drafted Justin Herbert, Id be a full-time member in the poo-talking sunshine gang. fug you people who want to win meaningless late season games! Cost the panthers a legit franchise QB, the most valuable spot is all of sports! 

Herbert was gone by our pick... And personally I'm glad he didn't trade up, his trades always seemed to bite us in the ass.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Herbert was gone by our pick... And personally I'm glad he didn't trade up, his trades always seemed to bite us in the ass.

Herbert still has a lot to prove.  Full season under his belt, his division and other teams know him now, his call styles, etc. We'll see how he responds to defenses adjusting.

We had the problem with assembling a team around Cam and never clicked.  Closest was with a pretty poor supporting cast in 15'.

Now we're back to that Peete-Delhomme transition where we have a team assembled and need a few missing pieces at key positions (QB, LT, LB) and continued depth growth/homegrown talent.

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Yea I know, Im just pissed about losing out on the chance at Herbert. Vented out my hate on the meaningless win crew and it had nothing to do with that. I just really want that feeling of franchise QB again... For Herbert the offer couldn't been too much and Ive never thought or said that before. I also didnt know Herbert would show out like he did either....20/20

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think this is fair for 2021 and even some of 2020.

But man, Chinn just seems totally nutty, and D Brown needs to regress hard to be anything lower than a consistent starter.  IMO if those two bust it's even worse because of how damn good they looked.

YGM is still an unknown but showed potential.... 

I think Chinn can only be stopped by injury, TBH. He just seems to be one of those guys destined for greatness.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, davos said:

Gettleman set us back with such an awful 2016 draft but we've built a pretty good squad (in spite of Hurney's other picks throughout)

2016 was indeed awful but last night I was looking at '17 and '18 draft class...the hit rate is crazy.

2017: CMC, Samuel, Moton, Elder, Armah, Butker .... The bad pick: Daeshon Hall..

Marty saw that draft and put together:

2018: DJ Moore, Donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, Marquis Haynes, Jermaine Carter. Didnt pan out: Gaulden, Andre Smith, Norton. 

'19 Hurney regressed...awful draft except Burns and Daley. 

In comes Rhule to assist Marty..

20: Brown, Matos, Chinn, Pride, Stanley Thomas Oliver, Kenny Robinson and Roy. 

I forget what they "say" you would consider a good draft. Two starters and possible??. If thats the case we killed 17, 18 and 20. '16 not so much. Funny thing is, as good as those 3 drafts were Fitterer could have potentially drafted 5-7 key players in his first draft. Its just too early to tell. I do think this class has ALOT of potential. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

2016 was indeed awful but last night I was looking at '17 and '18 draft class...the hit rate is crazy.

2017: CMC, Samuel, Moton, Elder, Armah, Butker .... The bad pick: Daeshon Hall..

Marty saw that draft and put together:

2018: DJ Moore, Donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, Marquis Haynes, Jermaine Carter. Didnt pan out: Gaulden, Andre Smith, Norton. 

'19 Hurney regressed...awful draft except Burns and Daley. 

In comes Rhule to assist Marty..

20: Brown, Matos, Chinn, Pride, Stanley Thomas Oliver, Kenny Robinson and Roy. 

I forget what they "say" you would consider a good draft. Two starters and possible??. If thats the case we killed 17, 18 and 20. '16 not so much. Funny thing is, as good as those 3 drafts were Fitterer could have potentially drafted 5-7 key players in his first draft. Its just too early to tell. I do think this class has ALOT of potential. 

If Daley flames out this season, the 2019 draft will likely go down as the worst in franchise history.