• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 4 Man Rush presents a Front Four Film Review on....... Pat Elflein vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

trueblade

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Maybe a Center?

Hi, welcome aboard.

He SCREAMS C. Screams it. Just look at his attributes:

Pros - athletic, mobile, good technique, good combo blocker. 

Cons - small (gets overpowered on occasion).

Just bench Paradis. Rip the band-aid off. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Tbe said:

That one guy who beat him (73) was a 2020 7th round pick. He is a bubble player who barely made the team this year and last.

It's like CB, if you're asking your Oline to hold up for more than 3 seconds (or your CB to cover for longer than 3 seconds) then you're Tom Brady. 

5 hours ago, Tbe said:

Right, we got what was available to us in FA.

The word during the draft was there were a number of upset coaches because we kept trading down and passing a OL prospects.

What I took from that is Fitts has a multi year plan. We had a ton of needs and knew we couldn’t address every position, so we stocked up on picks and took BPA at the picks we got. OL happened to fall the way it did.

Word from where? Who's your inside source?

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Hi, welcome aboard.

He SCREAMS C. Screams it. Just look at his attributes:

Pros - athletic, mobile, good technique, good combo blocker. 

Cons - small (gets overpowered on occasion).

Just bench Paradis. Rip the band-aid off. 

I said after he sign, he is the 2022 C.....(but I would have him on the bench this season). Still with the contract he got, he must play and if youre Darnold thats terrifying... 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Even with all of the worry and difficulties we saw last year because of bad line play, and picking early in the draft, we still didn't even make an effort until the third round. We took Christensen, a well-regarded LT, and then pretty much were told he wasn't expected to play LT or even be a starter this year. We took another guy in the sixth, G Deonte Brown from the stout Alabama championship team O-line, and  even after a decent preseason stuck him in the second string. 

At a certain point, you have to wonder do we even know what we're doing? Or are we specifically just stashing players for Rhule's third season? And trying to get another high draft pick by sacrificing Sam Darnold? (Let's face it, if bad line play kills Darnold's season, the blame will fall more on the side of Darnold just couldn't cut it and he was what we thought he was.)

I know it sounds crazy, but it's just as crazy to think that in nine drafts and the off seasons accompanying them, we could only draft, attract or develop Taylor Moton and produce umpteen meh linemen? Random chance probably would have served us better than this!

You're right it does sound crazy.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat that Rhule isn't here to lose football games. He wants to win early and often - it's just not possible with this roster. He (and Fitterer) did exactly what you're meant to do this offseason - plug holes in FA and pick the BPA in the Draft. That's why we've crushed it in back-to-back years.

RIGHT NOW Brown and Christensen aren't better than Elflein / Miller / Erving et al. They have to beat out the players in-front of them - you can't just hand them the job. However, they will get their opportunities during the season - I suspect if Brown can keep his weight down he's first man up at OG (unless Michael Jordan comes in and is sensational). He provides a stoutness that we currently lack - albeit he doesn't fit the athletic profile they're currently acquiring. Christensen they've started at RT, LG and LT in the pre-season - they LOVE his athletic profile and are trying to find the best fit for him on the Oline. 

Oline is about communication and chemistry more than anything (once you have the baseline talent / physical ability to play at this level). This group haven't had time to develop that yet - I'm going to give them 4 games before I start judging. 

Oh and he's not paying Darnold $19m next year to watch him get pummeled into oblivion this. They're doing everything they can to turn him into a franchise QB that they acquired on the cheap - whether it works out is another matter.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I said after he sign, he is the 2022 C.....(but I would have him on the bench this season). Still with the contract he got, he must play and if youre Darnold thats terrifying... 

I don't think he's as bad at LG as some fear, but yeah he wouldn't be my first choice to play OG.

4 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Elflein is better than Reed and Schofield?  Based on what exactly?  Draft position? Name recognition? 
What about PFF scores? If you don’t buy into PFf did you actually watch every play of all 3 last year? 

Based on the fact that Schofield is currently unemployed and Chris Reed is a backup in Indy.