• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Jets

onmyown

35 minutes ago, t96 said:

Aints and Jets both have decent pass rushes, even with their injuries. Our OL has held up pretty well for the most part.

Yup.  

Their D had 2 sacks,  7 TFL,  3 QB hits,  4 PD,   1 Int.  
Our   D  had 4 sacks, 3 TFL, 11 QB hits,  3 PD,   2 ints.

We ran for 89 yards 2.7 per attempt.
They ran for 48 yards, 2.8 per attempt.

We passed for     305 yards, 11.7/att.
They passed for  111 yards 10.1/att

Their O-line was missing their center Eric McCoy. That's it.  Starting Guard Ruiz moved to center and '20 UDFA Throckmorton started at G.  That's it for the line.  Michael Thomas was out.  That's it in on O. 

Say what you want, but if your whole line collapses with one injury, you have a problem.

I think it is more likely that our defense is going to make a whole lot of offensive lines look bad.

We had multiple o-lineman injuries during the game, and one starter coming off Covid.  

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Yup.  

Their D had 2 sacks,  7 TFL,  3 QB hits,  4 PD,   1 Int.  
Our   D  had 4 sacks, 3 TFL, 11 QB hits,  3 PD,   2 ints.

We ran for 89 yards 2.7 per attempt.
They ran for 48 yards, 2.8 per attempt.

We passed for     305 yards, 11.7/att.
They passed for  111 yards 10.1/att

Their O-line was missing their center Eric McCoy. That's it.  Starting Guard Ruiz moved to center and '20 UDFA Throckmorton started at G.  That's it for the line.  Michael Thomas was out.  That's it in on O. 

Say what you want, but if your whole line collapses with one injury, you have a problem.

I think it is more likely that our defense is going to make a whole lot of offensive lines look bad.

We had multiple o-lineman injuries during the game, and one starter coming off Covid.  

Yeah and while McCoy is solid he isn't even one of their top OL. Their two tackles are the pride of that OL and arguably the best OT pair in the league. 

52 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

He is a clear upgrade from Teddy. You'll get no argument from me there. But that's not really saying much. I would expect him to make those throws because he is an NFL QB. He has no reason to play poorly because he has a ton of talent around him. The oline gave him time today for the most part. There were a few pressured throws there towards the end. 

Credit to Sam for getting them the ball. But I wouldn't say he carried this offense by any means today. I would say any average QB should be able to produce with this talent. He made some boneheaded plays that a better defense would've taken advantage of. He threaded the needle a lot today and other times he was lucky the ball wasn't picked. 

The pros are he performed well most of the game and he spread the ball around. That is already a major improvement over Teddy. He did enough for us to win and he didn't cause us to lose. Whereas Teddy did enough to not cause us to lose but did nothing to help us win. 

That being said, it looked like a solid team effort on offense today. I wouldn't say he put anyone on his back and carried them. 

Fair take.

14 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

He is a clear upgrade from Teddy. You'll get no argument from me there. But that's not really saying much. I would expect him to make those throws because he is an NFL QB. He has no reason to play poorly because he has a ton of talent around him. The oline gave him time today for the most part. There were a few pressured throws there towards the end. 

Credit to Sam for getting them the ball. But I wouldn't say he carried this offense by any means today. I would say any average QB should be able to produce with this talent. He made some boneheaded plays that a better defense would've taken advantage of. He threaded the needle a lot today and other times he was lucky the ball wasn't picked. 

The pros are he performed well most of the game and he spread the ball around. That is already a major improvement over Teddy. He did enough for us to win and he didn't cause us to lose. Whereas Teddy did enough to not cause us to lose but did nothing to help us win. 

That being said, it looked like a solid team effort on offense today. I wouldn't say he put anyone on his back and carried them. 

Good QBs are able to do this, I think.