• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 2 Coaching

OceanPanther

13 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Colts have one of the better o-lines in the league and had 1st and goal at the 1 and couldnt punch it in. it happens. That said, spread the field and run Darnold here. It always works. 

It does happen, on occasion, to other teams.  It's a foregone conclusion of failure for us though.  We shouldn't have to get gimmicky to gain a yard, but unfortunately here we are.  This is what you get when when you don't value a true FB and convert a PS TE to attempt the role.  This staff is very stubborn when it comes to certain positions.

5 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Oh, my bad. Yeah no, Freeman had no carries. 

Also I was wrong about Hubbard getting one attempt near the goal line. His closest attempt came from the 32 lol.

Frustrated about pounding CMC at the goal line. He's not a power back. I was actually dreaming about bringing back Cam just to be a goal line threat. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I'm talking about Freeman not Chuba

Freeman played 4 snaps total… blew assignments on two of the snaps. The second led to a sack…. He never returned to the game.

Rhule said last week… if you want to play running back you need to know how to pass protect first.

i get the urgency to get freeman touches, but he wasn’t good in Denver either. I mean the guy got knocked down by a 5’10 170lb defensive back 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The thinking that Royce Freeman is the answer and solution at goal to go situations is erroneous. Our oline got bullied on short yardage situations yesterday. 

I rewatched every run play…. We struggled at creating lanes, let alone gaining any push…

You're not wrong about the O-Line struggling in short yardage situations. I'd like to see them bring in Deonte Brown in short yardage. The fact they aren't even giving him some snaps right now is frustrating. Let him come on on 1st and Goal and see how he does.