• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Breakdown of the O-Line play from Sunday

Ricky Spanish

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You're still missing the point.

I don't care.

Paradis was bad.

Miller was bad.

Erving has been good previously, but in this game he was bad.

Who was worst? Who gives a sh-t? 🙄

Just like the people Harry Tasker killed, they were all bad.

Dodging it somemore. LOL

lol, you love to criticize people's post but then you are afraid to actually have an opinion.

My only point in this thread was that Paradis was not the worst lineman on that day.  So if that doesn't matter to you I'm not sure why you decided to reply to one of my post to start with.

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Dodging it somemore. LOL

lol, you love to criticize people's post but then you are afraid to actually have an opinion.

My only point in this thread was that Paradis was not the worst lineman on that day.  So if that doesn't matter to you I'm not sure why you decided to reply to one of my post to start with.

Not dodging at all. I just happen to look at it differently than you do (which apparently seems to be a problem for you, but whatever).

And my reply to you was in reference to you using PFF as an authority to say Spanish was wrong when they're pretty universally mocked around here.

(with good reason)

Edited by Mr. Scot

The oline won’t be built in one draft. It takes time. That is why it’s so surprising we haven’t seemed to have started the process yet.

Might want to see what we have in Christianson and Brown while there is nothing to lose or I feel this is going to be an even slower process.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not dodging at all. I just happen to look at it differently than you do (which apparently seems to be a problem for you, but whatever).

And my reply to you was in reference to you using PFF as an authority to say Spanish was wrong when they're pretty universally mocked around here.

LOL

Actually PFF said pretty much exactly what Spanish said.  Paradis wasn't as bad in pass protection as some think, actually we had a few players that were worse, which is also what  Spanish and PFF said.  Neither said he did good, just that he wasn't the worst.  Spanish also said he did good in the running plays which is also what PFF said.

Also is pretty clear around here that the vast majority of people around her that mock PFF have no understanding of PFF at all.  

We have three pages of people mocking PFF for Paradis' pass blocking, when in fact they had a poor grade him.  People don't know which grade to look at.

I never said PFF was a authority to prove Spanish was wrong, that is your misunderstanding.  I listed their pressure counts, and would happily like to see those numbers from another source.  I actually went through and tracked counts for Paradis just to see myself.  As a fan I want to know who is doing the worst, not that I can do anything about it, but its what fans do.

Our line is terrible, we all agree on that .  Who do we as fans think is the biggest culprit?  A lot of people think it is Paradis, I tend to disagree, PFF disagrees and by his post Spanish disagrees for this one day.

Do you think Paradis is our worst offensive lineman?  

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

LOL

Actually PFF said pretty much exactly what Spanish said.  Paradis wasn't as bad in pass protection as some think, actually we had a few players that were worse, which is also what  Spanish and PFF said.  Neither said he did good, just that he wasn't the worst.  Spanish also said he did good in the running plays which is also what PFF said.

Also is pretty clear around here that the vast majority of people around her that mock PFF have no understanding of PFF at all.  

We have three pages of people mocking PFF for Paradis' pass blocking, when in fact they had a poor grade him.  People don't know which grade to look at.

I never said PFF was a authority to prove Spanish was wrong, that is your misunderstanding.  I listed their pressure counts, and would happily like to see those numbers from another source.  I actually went through and tracked counts for Paradis just to see myself.  As a fan I want to know who is doing the worst, not that I can do anything about it, but its what fans do.

Our line is terrible, we all agree on that .  Who do we as fans think is the biggest culprit?  A lot of people think it is Paradis, I tend to disagree, PFF disagrees and by his post Spanish disagrees for this one day.

Do you think Paradis is our worst offensive lineman?  

Restating...again.

I don't care.

Two categories: good enough, not good enough...that's it.

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

This is pointless.  

That part I can agree with.

I criticized you for coming in with the whole "I'm smarter than everybody because I read PFF" attitude. Frankly, a lot of your posts seem geared to you trying to say you're smarter than others.

Don't say it, show it. Because if you have to say it, it's probably not true.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That part I can agree with.

I criticized you for coming in with the whole "I'm smarter than everybody because I read PFF" attitude. Frankly, a lot of your posts seem geared to you trying to say you're smarter than others.

Don't say it, show it. Because if you have to say it, it's probably not true.

You specifically said I used PFF to disagree with the OP, which shows your lack of comprehension of what the OP and I said. Maybe you are just that quick to try and take shots at me. 
Here again I never said anything about being smarter because I read PFF I was using pressure stats to reinforce my opinion  that Paradis wasn’t our worst lineman that day like a lot of people think.  I actually think you, with all of your football knowledge, agree with that. 
Also I don’t go out of my way to appear smarter, I just happen to have informed opinions so they just happen to be right more often.

• Poo 1

39 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

You specifically said I used PFF to disagree with the OP, which shows your lack of comprehension of what the OP and I said. Maybe you are just that quick to try and take shots at me. 
Here again I never said anything about being smarter because I read PFF I was using pressure stats to reinforce my opinion  that Paradis wasn’t our worst lineman that day like a lot of people think.  I actually think you, with all of your football knowledge, agree with that. 
Also I don’t go out of my way to appear smarter, I just happen to have informed opinions so they just happen to be right more often.

From your initial post...

Anyone who thinks Paradis was the worst pass protection guy needs to learn how to watch film.

Oh no, that doesn't come across as arrogant at all 😄

That, plus I'm pretty sure before you edited it you said that what people needed to learn how to do was read PFF, which is even worse.

Throw in this from above...

I just happen to have informed opinions so they just happen to be right more often.

Yeah, sure 😐

Again, if you've gotta tell me you're smart, you're not.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

From your initial post...

Anyone who thinks Paradis was the worst pass protection guy needs to learn how to watch film.

Oh no, that doesn't come across as arrogant at all 😄

That, plus I'm pretty sure before you edited it you said that what people needed to learn how to do was read PFF, which is even worse.

Throw in this from above...

I just happen to have informed opinions so they just happen to be right more often.

Yeah, sure 😐

Again, if you've gotta tell me you're smart, you're not.

Here again, you commented on my post because you thought I was disagreeing with the OP, I explained how you were wrong and you are still trying to change the subject.

Let it go 

And  actually what I said in my post was true.  Im sorry it bothers you if someone uses facts. 

Edited by AU-panther

7 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Here again, you commented on my post because you thought I was disagreeing with the OP, I explained how you were wrong and you are still trying to change the subject.

Let it go 

And  actually what I said in my post was true.  Im sorry it bothers you if someone uses facts. 

Facts don't bother me at all.

People thinking their opinions equate to facts. Yeah.