• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Breakdown of the O-Line play from Sunday

Ricky Spanish

1:00 is the LT allowed to lift up a defender from under his shoulder pads?

9:20 both LT and LG push two Panther defenders in the back to spring Elliott free for what would have been a tackle for a loss.

Very next play RT pushes Reddick down from behind allowing Zeke to run by for a first down. You can see Reddick throw his hands up in frustration. 

Next play Cooper pushes off Henderson causing him to stumble and fall right before the catch.

3 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

9:20 both LT and LG push two Panther defenders in the back to spring Elliott free for what would have been a tackle for a loss.

Very next play RT pushes Reddick down from behind allowing Zeke to run by for a first down. You can see Reddick throw his hands up in frustration. 

Next play Cooper pushes off Henderson causing him to stumble and fall right before the catch.

I didn't bother watching the Cowboy's stuff other than that one play. I was just going to get more angry.

4 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

1 and 920 are legal plays at all levels of football 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

ART. 1 . . . The free-blocking zone is a rectangular area extending laterally 4 yards either side of the spot of the snap and 3 yards behind each line of scrimmage. A player is in the free-blocking zone when any part of his body is in the zone at the snap.

ART. 2 . . . Blocking below the waist is permitted in the free-blocking zone when the following conditions are met:

a. All players involved in the blocking are on the line of scrimmage and in the zone at the snap.

b. The contact is in the zone.

ART. 3 . . . Clipping is permitted in the free-blocking zone when the following conditions are met:

a. By offensive linemen who are on the line of scrimmage and in the zone at the snap.

b. Against defensive players who are on the line of scrimmage and in the zone at the snap.

c. The contact is in the zone.

ART. 4 . . . Blocking in the back is permitted in the free-blocking zone when the following conditions are met:

a. By offensive linemen who are on the line of scrimmage and in the zone at the snap.

b. Against defensive players who are in the zone at the snap.

c. The contact is in the zone.

ART. 5 . . . The free-blocking zone disintegrates and the exception for a player to block below the waist and/or the exception for an offensive lineman to clip and/or block in the back is not to continue after the ball has left the zone

Trying not to play the what if game about Slater but it's impossible not to consider. I'm optimistic and I think we can adjust to some things but the dollar store Dave style approach to our oline is a story that just never seems to go away for the Panthers. I expect big moves and that to be our top priority next year.

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He looked amazing last night.   I feel this is going to bite us in the ass

Right after Sewell got picked, I thought, ok, we will probably draft Slater. Some people thought he might be more ready than Sewell. I was going to be happy with it, but then they went Horn. Jaycee will probably be a great player, but I would feel much better with both a solid LT and RT.

• Beer 1