• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reddick + Jackson + Gilmore cost?

onmyown

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

One is an all pro who has missed 4 out of the 89 games he’s played. The other was an oft injured player who was already teetering into bust territory. Not even remotely similar.

4 years 90 to 95 million is probably be his market value. We could sign him and depending on structure will still have 40+ million in cap space left.

I wasn't comparing them. I was just emphasising how difficult it will be for folks to get behind a "Bidding War".

Sure we have money. But it seems that overpaying might not be in our new FO vocabulary.

3 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

So you get rid of a good-not-great QB after multiple failures since Cam, what do you do then if Darnold is just good but not great, and the QB you replace him with is not? 

I have a feeling Darnold is going to be our QB for the next 10 years. He’s legit as fug. 

I mean I trust Fitt in negotiations. He got Moton under contract for a reasonable amount after a great season. I'm sure they have plans for all of them. Good GMs can dance on the cap year to year to keep a great unit. See the Saints and Ravens for examples. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 1

You have to judge the contract in. Totality. Of course we can afford them all next year. The first year of a new contract are usually cap friendly if 3 years or more.  Not so much with 2  year deals. The bigger task is juggling everything so you can pay your core and add veterans to fill gaps not covered by rookies and guys on their first contract. You hope you become the team everyone wants to play for and you get some hometeam discounts.

• Beer 1