• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russel Wilson

RJK

27 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Seattle was ranked 19th the year they won it. 

Which will be about the 3rd time a line below average, and mostly top 10  has gone to the super bowl in 30 years.

So not only will bringing Wilson in bump the oline up 7+ spots, but the Panthers will also become that 4th team in history to do it? With Rhule in his instead of Carrol/Couglin?

That’s what you meant?

For me that’s a little far fetched…

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I think it’s fair to say a lot. This isn’t even about RW, he’s just an example. I’m talking caliber of qb. Darnold needs to show some growth and take his game to the next level for us to compete for Super Bowls imo. 

So this is all about Sam. Because if you can say this with a straight face... Sam is averaging over 300 yds passing, and 2.5 TDs a game. If that isn't good enough for you. Your expectations are way to high.

• Pie 3

47 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Which will be about the 3rd time a line below average, and mostly top 10  has gone to the super bowl in 30 years.

So not only will bringing Wilson in bump the oline up 7+ spots, but the Panthers will also become that 4th team in history to do it? With Rhule in his instead of Carrol/Couglin?

That’s what you meant?

Not really. I’m talking about after this year. Can still bring in a quality FA olineman. See what we have in deonte and Brady the rest of this season. It’s not that far fetched. QBs like RW elevate oline play for sure. Get the ball out quick, and have great mobility/elusiveness. 

56 minutes ago, onmyown said:

That’s what you meant?

Also what does 7 slots up really mean? Like giving up a couple more sacks? Pressures? Ranking oline is hard and the eye test tells me we need a better center more than anything. I’m hopeful deonte and Brady can get meaningful snaps so we know what we have there was well.  

17 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Also what does 7 slots up really mean? Like giving up a couple more sacks? Pressures? Ranking oline is hard and the eye test tells me we need a better center more than anything. I’m hopeful deonte and Brady can get meaningful snaps so we know what we have there was well.  

All I know if there is only one QB to go to a super bowl with a 20+ ranked oline and that was P Manning.

Wilson doesn’t make the Panthers a instant super bowl contender unless that is fixed. It’s basically impossible.

Forget metrics then, the eye test should clearly tell you there is no way in hell this oline can get any team, any qb, to a super bowl.

Seems you’re confident to say Wilson makes the Panthers and instant super bowl contender based on the fact the oline will be fixed at least to a point. All I have to say is I’ll believe it when I see it.

I see attempts and failure at this point. Very concerning, more so, then just ignoring it. New regimen, we will see…but again even in two years, one starter quality olineman seems a bit behind to me. 

43 minutes ago, onmyown said:

All I know if there is only one QB to go to a super bowl with a 20+ ranked oline and that was P Manning.

Wilson doesn’t make the Panthers a instant super bowl contender unless that is fixed. It’s basically impossible.

Forget metrics then, the eye test should clearly tell you there is no way in hell this oline can get any team, any qb, to a super bowl.

Seems you’re confident to say Wilson makes the Panthers and instant super bowl contender based on the fact the oline will be fixed at least to a point. All I have to say is I’ll believe it when I see it.

I see attempts and failure at this point. Very concerning, more so, then just ignoring it. New regimen, we will see…but again even in two years, one starter quality olineman seems a bit behind to me. 

I disagree. Also anyone thinking we can change this oline to a top 10 talent unit in one year is mistaken. Not saying we don’t have to try to upgrade as best we can but whoever is qb is gonna have to work around whatever we got. Qbs also play a major role in how oline’s are ranked. 

people are stuck on Wilson when I’m just talking about a top shelf qb in general. Wilson is just an example of a qb I’m talking about that can elevate teams, even with this oline. So yes we have to upgrade the oline but with this defense our window is about to be wide open before second contracts hit and it becomes increasingly more difficult to win championships. 

Beyond the Wilson aspect of the discussion which is obv unlikely anyway Super Bowls and playoffs minimum are always the goal.  The elite talent on this team is certainly not just happy to be here they want to win too. I don't know why the acknowledgement of that fact and key players like quarterback improving to position us toward that would be a problem. The players and coaches are saying the same things Sam included.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I disagree. Also anyone thinking we can change this oline to a top 10 talent unit in one year is mistaken. Not saying we don’t have to try to upgrade as best we can but whoever is qb is gonna have to work around whatever we got. Qbs also play a major role in how oline’s are ranked. 

people are stuck on Wilson when I’m just talking about a top shelf qb in general. Wilson is just an example of a qb I’m talking about that can elevate teams, even with this oline. So yes we have to upgrade the oline but with this defense our window is about to be wide open before second contracts hit and it becomes increasingly more difficult to win championships. 

Why do you believe this D has a finite window? The only way that happens is if Fiit, and Rhule start pooing the bed in the draft. If we continue to draft well. Our window may always be open.

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Why do you believe this D has a finite window? The only way that happens is if Fiit, and Rhule start pooing the bed in the draft. If we continue to draft well. Our window may always be open.

He is scared to death that we will be a 1 year wonder because that has been the Panthers MO. He has good reason to act in this manner because of our past transgressions, however I have hope that this staff knows how to build a team and not just catch lightning in a bottle for one season here and there. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

He is scared to death that we will be a 1 year wonder because that has been the Panthers MO. He has good reason to act in this manner because of our past transgressions, however I have hope that this staff knows how to build a team and not just catch lightning in a bottle for one season here and there. 

Fear of the past can severely inhibit your forward momentum. And right now we have a lot of Huddlerz who are stuck in this mode. PTSD

The brain trust has a vision for what they want to achieve. They have a plan on how to achieve that plan. And if things change, they are able to adapt said plan. I have no fear that this team is not headed for sustained success.

Folks can nitpick this, and poo poo that. But the one thing they can't dismiss, is the fact we are trending up big time.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Naw look at history. Teams that compete for championships year in and year out have top qb talent. Dominant defenses get broken up when people get paid and when injuries inevitably happen. Name me a team that has had a dominant defense and an Alex smith/ jimmy g type qb that has stuck together for more than a handful of years. I honestly cannot think of one in recent memory.

like look at the bucs last year. Absolutely dominant. They are struggling this year. But they have an elite qb. Seattle’s defense lasted 2 or 3 seasons. It’s just hard in the cap era keeping a defense together and drafting well enough to replace. Especially when you are picking high. 

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Naw look at history. Teams that compete for championships year in and year out have top qb talent. Dominant defenses get broken up when people get paid and when injuries inevitably happen. Name me a team that has had a dominant defense and an Alex smith/ jimmy g type qb that has stuck together for more than a handful of years. I honestly cannot think of one in recent memory.

like look at the bucs last year. Absolutely dominant. They are struggling this year. But they have an elite qb. Seattle’s defense lasted 2 or 3 seasons. It’s just hard in the cap era keeping a defense together and drafting well enough to replace. Especially when you are picking high. 

So after 4 games you know Sam 's ceiling is Jimmy G/Alex Smith? 

If Sam does not do what we need him to do they will look to upgrade, right now they are not looking to upgrade because Sam has played well. 

• Beer 1