• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bro I am not saying he is a bust but maybe just maybe the staff evaluated him correctly.   He looks completely lost as of yet.   Can he turn it around, sure but whatever it is they are doing with him isn’t working.  He is going backwards.   Somewhat relieved we didn’t choose him.  More pissed we didn’t get slater.  

I was running around my Woman's house Screaming for Slater when we were about to go on the clock

He was the right pick.

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Never saw a QB be so bad when he had protection.  That proves to me that his time with the Jets definitely broke him. 

It turned him into some kind of Pavlov's Dog where the Constant Pressure he got with NY was so normal, he ended up not being able to function without someone in his face or chasing him. 

Maybe he was David Carr’d.  Maybe Carr and Darnold simply weren’t good enough even if they hadn’t  been behind those and OLs.  Lot of QBs have been behind horrible OLs….and not been train wrecks because of it. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Bro I am not saying he is a bust but maybe just maybe the staff evaluated him correctly.   He looks completely lost as of yet.   Can he turn it around, sure but whatever it is they are doing with him isn’t working.  He is going backwards.   Somewhat relieved we didn’t choose him.  More pissed we didn’t get slater.  

No arguments from me. Looks like the staff completely got it wrong on Darnold. It sucks, because the tape was out there.

The weird thing about it from this boards perspective at least is they only ever went with the ESPN(never a good start) narrative and focused on only Fields and not the rest of the QBs who were available. That's why it was weird to me.

Fields is just a rookie but in the short term it's not looking at all like a misplay there the misplay is not getting Slater. Fields would be annihilated behind this OL and the media in Chicago are morons too wanting fields to go out there before he is even ready. I would have just sat him for a year unless it was the owner who caved to media pressure and mandated it but the media ain't coming back to admit they are wrong so fug them and they have nothing to do with it anyway as you can't look at Fields and think anything besides he isn't ready.

Regardless he isn't and wont be a bust this or next year. 

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

No arguments from me. Looks like the staff completely got it wrong on Darnold. It sucks, because the tape was out there.

I have to keep reminding myself too though that he was their 3rd pick from Watson to Stafford to Darnold. Can bring up the Minshew or the whoever but it wouldn't matter this year at minimum due to the OL.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Lot of QBs have been behind horrible OLs….and not been train wrecks because of it. 

None that were available to come here outside of a fetish guy that you have gone on record as saying you don't even want. There is no QB available now or who was available that would do anything with this OL.

Edited by Fox007

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep. 100%.    Not sure where we go from here.   

Fact is, we went back to back with coaches who took us to Super Bowls.  That actually isn’t bad.   Far from what we wanted….but Fox and Rivera didn’t have bad runs here.  Just disappointing ones.  

we probably were due for a coach/era that doesn’t work.  That’s where I think we are.  I don’t think anything good happens until the next coaching era.  Could be a minute. 

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

The weird thing about it from this boards perspective at least is they only ever went with the ESPN(never a good start) narrative and focused on only Fields and not the rest of the QBs who were available. That's why it was weird to me.

Fields is just a rookie but in the short term it's not looking at all like a misplay there the misplay is not getting Slater. Fields would be annihilated behind this OL and the media in Chicago are morons too wanting fields to go out there before he is even ready. I would have just sat him for a year unless it was the owner who caved to media pressure and mandated it but the media ain't coming back to admit they are wrong so fug them and they have nothing to do with it anyway as you can't look at Fields and think anything besides he isn't ready.

Regardless he isn't and wont be a bust this or next year. 

I have to keep reminding myself too though that he was their 3rd pick from Watson to Stafford to Darnold. Can bring up the Minshew or the whoever but it wouldn't matter this year at minimum due to the OL.

None that were available to come here outside of a fetish guy that you have gone on record as saying you don't' even wasn't. There is no QB available now or who was available that would do anything with this OL.

I know it’s hindsight, but after Stafford and Watson fell through, we probably should’ve just stood pat and either drafted a QB or O lineman. Probably would’ve helped if we didn’t run Teddy out of town, either. Teddy is better than Darnold, and that’s clear to everyone, atleast it should be now. Teddy isn’t a franchise guy, but he would’ve been perfect to teach a drafted QB like Fields or Jones.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Fact is, we went back to back with coaches who took us to Super Bowls.  That actually isn’t bad.   Far from what we wanted….but Fox and Rivera didn’t have bad runs here.  Just disappointing ones.  

we probably were due for a coach/era that doesn’t work.  That’s where I think we are.  I don’t think anything good happens until the next coaching era.  Could be a minute. 

So where do we go from here in your opinion?  Does this staff run it back with darnold next year?   Do they draft a qb in the top 10?   Trade?   I just don’t see a way out for this current administration.     They mortgaged a poo load on getting a crappy qb.    Why in the holy fug didn’t they just draft slater?

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

None that were available to come here outside of a fetish guy that you have gone on record as saying you don't' even wasn't. There is no QB available now or who was available that would do anything with this OL.

OL is a problem. No doubt.  Better QB is a better QB though.   QB play makes OL issues better or worse. 

and I think Menshew and Mitch are better QBs.  None are long term solutions though.  

Mac Jones is looking like a mistake too.  I thought he had low ceiling but he also was the most pro ready not named Trevor.  He seems to process things pretty quick and makes good decisions. Which as the GOAT also proves….is more important than legs and arm talent 

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

I know it’s hindsight, but after Stafford and Watson fell through, we probably should’ve just stood pat and either drafted a QB or O lineman. Probably would’ve helped if we didn’t run Teddy out of town, either. Teddy is better than Darnold, and that’s clear to everyone, atleast it should be now. Teddy isn’t a franchise guy, but he would’ve been perfect to teach a drafted QB like Fields or Jones.

We should have kept teddy.  Drafted slater.  Not give Anderson his new deal, not drafted Marshall instead get more line help.  I could go on but you get the drift.   This group has made mishaps upon mishaps so early on.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I'm out of pie

What it does seem like is that this staff gets out in front of themselves....like they could have kept TB until after the draft or wait until you see if you can actually get a Stafford or a Watson then go ahead and trade him or let him go w/e.

They done pissed off Gano and TB and even if you care or like them or w/e its not a good look to be burning bridges and doing poo like that. 

• Beer 1

I think Im ready for a whole NEW OL, ST coach, and TEs not named Tremble. The ST unit is lead by a 59 year old snapper and a Kicker that was signed off the street in week 2, both at best are average. Need a over haul at ST and OL. Moton has played like dumpster water since signing his new deal!! Each week Moton has had AWFUL snaps, I do not give a fug about shitlord paradis or OG play, Moton has sucked. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

OL is a problem. No doubt.  Better QB is a better QB though.   QB play makes OL issues better or worse. 

and I think Menshew and Mitch are better QBs.  None are long term solutions though.  

Mac Jones is looking like a mistake too.  I thought he had low ceiling but he also was the most pro ready not named Trevor.  He seems to process things pretty quick and makes good decisions. Which as the GOAT also proves….is more important than legs and arm talent 

Oh yeah we def need a fugin QB to go with an OL that's clear.
Just saying none that would have been able to overcome the OL but your point is just to have it then when the OL is fixed we should be gtg I think

Yea people can make fun of Jones all they want but I didn't, he did make reads and had good timing. His arm isn't strong and he can't move but yet can process a defense and get the ball out accurately with timing and that can keep you in the league. Not the best by any means but yea that's what I was getting at is that people only said Fields and I'm like hold on there are other QBs that could have done something it's not just about Darnold vs Fields.