• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephon Gilmore is expected to practice with Panthers this week

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

I’d be nice if that front four would suit up. Looking at u Brian Burns 

He isn't playing poorly overall but it is concerning that he is still sort of getting that same thing as last year, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close but just out of his grasp. If he can finish a few of those, he'd be putting up Reddick stats.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't playing poorly overall but it is concerning that he is still sort of getting that same thing as last year, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close but just out of his grasp. If he can finish a few of those, he'd be putting up Reddick stats.

He comes off the LoS like he was shot out of a canon in the damn circus but has so many fly bys it's crazy. Dunno if I can recall seeing something quite like this before.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

He comes off the LoS like he was shot out of a canon in the damn circus but has so many fly bys it's crazy. Dunno if I can recall seeing something quite like this before.

Agreed. I feel like he needs a solid mentor/coach to help him work on finishing plays and becoming a little more of a complete player. Otherwise, he is quickly going to go from a future elite pass rusher to a one trick pony. That will cost him a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of $$$ on his next contract.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Agreed. I feel like he needs a solid mentor/coach to help him work on finishing plays and becoming a little more of a complete player. Otherwise, he is quickly going to go from a future elite pass rusher to a one trick pony. That will cost him a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of $$$ on his next contract.

Oh yea he could/should already have an obscene amount of sacks that just whiffed. I wonder if its not wanting to get a flag for destroying the QB or he's so fast it works against him in some ways. Similar to how Steve Smith said those routes where he is running an In were harder for him to catch than anything as he was going so fast sideways that it just was his hardest route to catch due to his speed.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Oh yea he could/should already have an obscene amount of sacks that just whiffed. I wonder if its not wanting to get a flag for destroying the QB or he's so fast it works against him in some ways. Similar to how Steve Smith said those routes where he is running an In were harder for him to catch than anything as he was going so fast sideways that it just was his hardest route to catch due to his speed.

It could be that indeed. He has had so many just out of his grasp or just barely escape. It's weird. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It could be that indeed. He has had so many just out of his grasp or just barely escape. It's weird. 

It's also his advantage so I wouldn't want him to slow up either and even just saying that sounds pretty stupid lol. I'm sure there are things to work on that will help and he's still young too man these kids are making me feel so old now. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

It’s a proven formula.

We keep our talent on the sidelines.

Well even going back to Rivera it's not a false observation to say that we tend to keep the better player on the bench at certain positions when it's clear that the backup is better. This isn't everywhere or all over the place but we clearly identify some OL that have better backups and they just won't put em in until injuries make them.

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Well even going back to Rivera it's not a false observation to say that we tend to keep the better player on the bench at certain positions when it's clear that the backup is better. This isn't everywhere or all over the place but we clearly identify some OL that have better backups and they just won't put em in until injuries make them.

You can go back even farther.  Fox notoriously favored vets over young guys.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Dan Arnold is catching passes and winning games with the Jaguars. Where is CJ and Gilmore? Going to role them out when the season is lost?

Great front office and coaching. Take away a safety outlet for a new QB and add players who are doing nothing for the defense.

How to fail 101

People really pick the weirdest hills to die on.

22 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

At least Rivera kept Norman, Norwell and Trai starting unlike Rhule who sent Brady back onto the bench. 

9 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

At least Rivera kept Norman, Norwell and Trai starting unlike Rhule who sent Brady back onto the bench. 

Yea I noticed that. I didn't think Brady was that bad but it looks like it wasn't so hot either. I really don't know I stopped paying attention to the line so as to keep as level as one could be watching this offense offend football.

• Pie 1