• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our 1K Yard Receivers From Last Season Are Being Wasted By Darnold's Horrible Play

Proudiddy

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I think I saw last year he was up in the 70s.  And he clearly wasn't loafing with Jets or we wouldn't have signed him...  it has to do something with his comfortability and ability to read the ball coming off of Sam's hand...

Robby is a TB5 man...

...TB5 done got him paid🙌

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Cam and RW had/have notoriously bad lines and still stand strong in the pocket and deliver. There are other good qbs who can do this. So while yes the oline needs an upgrade because we should always be striving for that I think we need to just call this what it is. The dude can’t handle it and gets happy feet in clean pockets. He can’t process correctly and is inaccurate. He’s had the worst completion percentage in clean pockets of any qb in the league over the past 4 years. No oline is gonna be perfect. Need to find a guy who can deal with it while still upgrading oline talent as best we can.

Pretty much this. As much as cam got hit, he always stayed calm in pocket. 

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Credit: @kungfoodude

That doesn’t have anything to do with what I said. And it’s all the proof I’ll ever need not to trust stats to tell the whole story. I could walk past a burning bush tomorrow and Morgan Freeman’s voice could say “Teddy Bridgewater throws a better deep ball than Sam Darnold” and I’d reply “sorry God, you must not be actually watching the games.”

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This is actually the better breakdown.

Passes over 20 yards(source is NFL Next Gen Stats)

Teddy 2020

8/17, 250 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. Passer Rating: 88.48

Teddy 2021

5/15, 172 yards, 1 TD. Passer Rating: 99.86

Darnold 2021

9/24, 284 yards, 1 TD. Passer Rating: 96.53

I feel that Teddy last year stopped going deep nearly as much as the season went on.  Is it easy for you to see if that's true?