• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear LinvilleGorge

Jaxel

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Hurney was ready to go up a spot or two for Justin Herbert.

He was told, nah we good. Rhule took responsibility for that.

Justin Fields was passed over. Rhule said nah, we good.

We ain't good. We're horrible. 

Wait, you were the one that said we should go all in on Kyle Trask as the next wonder boy extraordinaire…

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Originally I thought the deal was horrible, then we had to go and start winning and Sam looked good so I got sucked in to the madness… I’m back to the deal being horrible.

It was always horrible and when I tried to pump the brakes on the early success, I was "just being a hater". Same thing last year. When you bring a vet QB (Sorry, Rhule. Sam Darnold is NOT "basically a rookie.") it takes a few games for opposing DCs to get the relevant film they need to study to gameplan. The vet QB has a HUGE advantage during that short window. Once there's some game film to study, that's when the truth comes out. The truth last year with Teddy was disappointing, but expected. The truth this year with Darnold is disastrous, but again... expected. They both turned out to be exactly what they'd always shown to be. Teddy a marginal starter/good backup type. Sam Darnold an outright bust. It is what is is. It's just alarming our brain trust keeps getting duped into making mistakes that I can sit on my couch beer in hand and point out exactly where, how, and why they're fuging up.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ec5947293d6b25716

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, the entire offense has been a train wreck ever since CMC went down.  Sad to say, but at this point trade him because we can't go on like this every year living and dying by CMC's ability to be on the field.  We need all the draft capital we can get to get this offense right.

What could we get?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't want Trask at all, but I would've rather spent a 2nd on him on a cheap contract than sent a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for Sam Darnold and then picked up his 5th year option. No contest. I'd rather have Trask, the additional cap space, and additional 4th and 6th round picks.

I’ll admit that for sure I wanted no part of fields

and I absolutely thought Sam was a big improvement over teddy, so I thought the deal to get him was rich, but OK

i will freely admit that Sam is not good at all, and we are fugged because of it