• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule has Tepper by the short hairs...

Jmac

Top 10 highest paid coaches. 7 of 10 are Super Bowl winners. All but one has at least led their team to a Super Bowl appearance.

1. Bill Belichick, $12.5 million

2. Pete Carroll, $11 million

3. Sean Payton, $9.8 million

4. John Harbaugh, $9 million

5. Matt Rhule, $8.5 million

6. Sean McVay, $8.5 million

7. Mike Tomlin, $8 million

8. Andy Reid, $8 million

9. Bruce Arians, $8 million

10. Ron Rivera, $7 million

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/who-are-highest-paid-coaches-nfl-2021-season

Just now, Paa Langfart said:

I am going against the majority opinion but I think we are stuck with Rhule for at least the remainder of this season and at least half of next season.  Tepper isnt going off half cocked by not at least seeing what the remainder of this year and the first half of next brings.

I would say that IF we weren't completely spiraling. If we continue to play like we did today, Thule won't get another season. He was brought here to change the culture. It looks like the team isn't buying in and he brought in a TON of his guys into the lockerroom. If he can't get this team to buy in, then he's not cut out for the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I am going against the majority opinion but I think we are stuck with Rhule for at least the remainder of this season and at least half of next season.  Tepper isnt going off half cocked by not at least seeing what the remainder of this year and the first half of next brings.

Hard to say.  Contract says you would think he would get more time. 

unless he is 100% different behind closed doors.  He doesn’t inspire much confidence.  At least not to me.  If things keep going south at the current trajectory…..it will be really hard to keep Rhule I think.   I mean we aren’t beating Philly and the Giants.   Hard to see us beating anyone right now.   Granted CMC will be back but who even knows if he can stay on the field at this point. 

I’m not a Rhule fan so I know I look at him with my own bias…but I think he has come off really poorly since camp.

I’m now thinking 5 wins is what we are looking at.  That’s gonna be a tough sell to the masses.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Top 10 highest paid coaches. 7 of 10 are Super Bowl winners. All but one has at least led their team to a Super Bowl appearance.

1. Bill Belichick, $12.5 million

2. Pete Carroll, $11 million

3. Sean Payton, $9.8 million

4. John Harbaugh, $9 million

5. Matt Rhule, $8.5 million

6. Sean McVay, $8.5 million

7. Mike Tomlin, $8 million

8. Andy Reid, $8 million

9. Bruce Arians, $8 million

10. Ron Rivera, $7 million

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/who-are-highest-paid-coaches-nfl-2021-season

This guy was Hurney's final gift, and quite possibly his biggest.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

This guy was Hurney's final gift, and quite possibly his biggest.

10 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

My thought as well.  Why Tepper was taking any input from Hurney at that point is puzzling to say the least.

I can understand why some people would want to believe that but the truth is there if you look for it. Tepper signs the checks he bought the hype hook line and sinker and barely a year later Hurney was gone. I do believe this has been the Rhule show from the jump. Hopefully this will be a learning experience from Tepper but if not well you already know lol.

• Beer 1