• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule has Tepper by the short hairs...

Jmac

He signed this guy to a seven year deal for high $$$$. I know Tepper has the bucks, but having to buy this guy out to get rid of him will cost big money... plus a shot to his ego. I'm sure Tepper isn't used to losing in business.

To lose with a lousy team and then to have to pay out the ass to can the guy you raved about that put the team together.....is real kick in the nutz. Hope he learns something from this fiasco.

But probably not....

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s still early but the seat is warm.

Ron’s seat was in fire after EJ Manuel led Bills team won with the walkoff TD then Riverboat was born. 

But Riverboat was rudderless without an athletic monster like Cam Newton. He had a damn good defensive coordinator who has ended up making an even better head coach too.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

And? They still were losing games they shouldn’t at that point in year 3 and figured out a way to turn it around.

They had some bad losses but the offense then to now is night and day at least Cam could get you some big plays. Sam is somehow worse with his decision making when he has time. It's clear our offensive players do not believe in Darnold. Rhule and Fitterer made this mess. At least Ron had the balls to draft Cam despite talking heads saying he wasn't even the best qb in the draft. Rhule chose to put all his chips in on Darnold and baby him. Barf.

Edited by frankw

19 minutes ago, Jmac said:

He signed this guy to a seven year deal for high $$$$. I know Tepper has the bucks, but having to buy this guy out to get rid of him will cost big money... plus a shot to his ego. I'm sure Tepper isn't used to losing in business.

To lose with a lousy team and then to have to pay out the ass to can the guy you raved about that put the team together.....is real kick in the nutz. Hope he learns something from this fiasco.

But probably not....

I saw this coming when we signed rhule. Awful contract and more proof tepper is awful

He really doesn't. Rhule signed a 7 year, $60M contract. After this season, $17M of that is already sunk so there's "only" $43M left? You really think Tepper is gonna let $43M stand in his way of parting with the guy torpedoing his $2.2B investment in the Panthers? If Tepper becomes convinced that Rhule is the problem he's gone.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Jmac said:

But probably not....

Big money to most people.  To Tepper, meh.  I mean he wouldn't just throw that much away, but he doesn't have to worry about paying the grocery bill next month if he fires Rhule.  The question will be if he thinks he can get someone better, or if Rhule still has a shot to improve the team?